Welcome to Islanders rookie camp, 2014. I'm the coach. They call me Cappy. You can call me Cappy.
- The kids are ready to show their stuff. And for the ones who have already suited up for the Islanders, it's not a time to feel safe. [Staple in New$day]
- Also arriving on Long Island are veterans like Travis Hamonic, who is basically Grizzly Adams. Hamonic built his own Iroquois longhouse-style gym so that he could work out and then go fishing. Oh, and he drove to camp again from Manitoba, a 30 hour ride. [Islanders Official, also includes bits on Michael Grabner and the rookies.]
- And the four new vets - Mikhail Grabovski, Nikolai Kulemin, Jaroslav Halak and Chad Johnson - are discovering the Islanders together. [New$day]
- Videos: Kyle Okposo on his summer and goals for the season. | John Tavares on getting the band back together.
- Cory Conacher is looking for a shot and a team to stick with. [Islanders Insight]
- Colin McDonald spreads some cheer at Cohen's Children's Medical Center. [Islanders]
- McDonald also got to play firefighter for a day [Islanders Video]
- One NHL star picked John Tavares as the player he would "build a team around." Guess who. [Eric Hornick's Skinny]
- In the nostalgic rush to celebrate old Islanders teams, don't forget about the current squad. [The Hockey Writers]
- The NHL changed a bunch of rules for next season. One of them outlaws the spin-o-rama in shootouts. And it's pretty much all the Islanders' fault. [Dom has the rundown]
- The Traverse City prospect tournament kicks off today in Michigan. [NHL.com]
- Smart Lady Jen LC looks at score effects and who plays how with a two goal lead. [Committed Indian]
- Remembering the California/Oakland Golden/Not Golden Seals. A wild road show that didn't last long enough. [SB Nation's Lost Franchises]
- An agreement has been reached to turn the Pittsburgh Civic Arena in... something or somethings. [Post Gazette]
- Martin Brodeur refuses to go away. Now he's haunting your video games, too. [Not Really]
- Yeah, well, good for you. [Star Tribune] The team press release was a little over the top. [LHH]
- Minnesota Wild misunderstands humor, makes more inadvertent humor. [Gold from Battle of California]
- Hardworking video commentary master Steve Dangle has been hired by Sportsnet. With luck, he'll replace Glenn Healy and P.J. Stock in short order. [The Leafs Nation]
- Elliotte Friedman on Saku Koivu's impact on the Montreal community following his cancer treatment is as essential as you think it is (but not fact-checked by Battle of California).
More from Lighthouse Hockey
- See Ya', Spinorama: NHL rule changes include faceoffs, penalty shot/shootout, trapezoid adjustments
- Upcoming NHL 15 patch puts Martin Brodeur on every NHL team, extending his career forever
- Islanders News: John Tavares returns, ready; Capuano tactics; Some crook arrested
- New York Islanders Never-Owner John Spano Arrested Again. In 2014.
- Class with Cappy: New York Islanders coach talks breakouts, forechecking and defense at USA Hockey Symposium