- The rookies and young pros invade Long Island on Friday and camp continues until next Wednesday. [LHH]
- The son of former Islander Gerry Hart was arrested and charged with providing the late Derek Boogaard with the painkillers he overdosed on. [LHH]
- As teased by Neil Best on Twitter on Monday, Mike Bossy will join MSG's Hockey Night Live crew during selected games this season. That gives the Islanders an actual, dedicated personality to focus on them on a show that is, technically, one third theirs. Ron Duguay is probably going to have flashbacks just sitting near Bossy again. [MSG]
- Best talks to Bossy in New$day about the gig. The Boss assures us that he will only talk about the Rangers when absolutely, unavoidably necessary.
- John Tavares' eyes tell Brett Cyrgalis of the Post that he is primed and ready for the season.
- Puck Daddy's Sean Leahy recounts his Nassau Coliseum memories in a series at Islanders Point Blank.
- Meet Cory Conacher, Anders Lee, T.J. Brennan and Colin McDonald at the Nets Store at Barclays Center this Friday evening. [Islanders]
- Lee and some buddies return to Notre Dame for some video fun. [Linemates]
Around the League
- Bob Suter, a defenseman on the 1980 Gold Medal Miracle on Ice team and father of Minnesota's Ryan Suter, died yesterday of a heart attack at age 57. [Puck Daddy on the Suter legacy | SBN College Hockey on Suter's time at Wisconsin | Teammate Ken Morrow remembers the player and the man at The Hockey News.]
- Assistant coach Scott Stevens leaves the Devils staff. He will be replaced by Tommy Albelin because whenever a Devils defensman goes down, Tommy Albelin steps in. [Fire n' Ice]
- NHL.com's list of Top 60 prospects in the NHL. Griffin Reinhart and Michael Del Colle make the top half. Anders Lee, Ryan Pulock and Ville Pokka are also included.
- Can hockey still be hockey AND be safe? [Globe n' Mail]
- Mighty Ducks 2 Reviewed. Dean Portman is John Scott. John Scott is Dean Portman.
- Fire up the pipe organ: Ryan Johansen's story is officially a soap opera. [The Cannon]
- Yeah, dude. I coulda signed in the KHL for big money. I'm talking HUGE. They reeeaaallly wanted me. Wouldn't stop calling, throwing crazy dough at me. But I said, "nah, bruh. I'm gonna stay in Minnesota." [Star Trib]
- Unlike some blogs I know, Eyes on the Prize actually had an entry for the No. 1 player on their Top 25 Under 25 list. Unfortunately, some of EOTP's commenters didn't appreciate who topped the voting.
More from Lighthouse Hockey
- Report: Two charged in Derek Boogaard overdose death, one a son of a former Islander
- New York Islanders 2014 Rookie Camp Roster, Schedule
- Movie Review: 'D2: The Mighty Ducks'
- New York Islanders News: Media tours begin, John Tavares and newcomers ready to rock
- The Best New York Islanders Man Cave is in Germany