Ferrari, Ferrari, where do you go when the lights go out?
- Fully recovered, John Tavares is ready to attack and looking forward to next season. [Isles]
- Oh, and the quotes therein cause me to riff on his perception of the goaltending. [LHH]
- Well this is weird: Ryan Lambert at Puck Daddy with unrestrained praise and expectations for the Islanders' offseason. [Yahoo]
- By Corsi decline, some of the biggest money wastes in the NHL. (An ex-Isle in Philly makes the list.) [Sporting News]
- The Isles have the template to avoid a P.k. Subban-hits-arbitration situation. Mostly because they don't have a P.K. Subban, but also becaue they've managed the cap carefully. [Isles Insight]
- Running down the Isles blueliners, wondering who will win the final two spots. [Hockey Writers]
- Fear the Fin and Dimitri Filipovic podcast on the Atlantic and Metro, including a bunch of praise for the Isles. [Soundcloud]
Beyond the Island
- Yesterday on nhl.com's 30 for 30: The Flyers are just fine, thanks.
- Very cool story on "Vic Ferrari," the pseudonym behind Time On Ice and an early hockey analytics pioneer. Interesting, his firm belief in coaches. [CBC]
- Scott Walker discusses the differences between former Predators coach Barry Trotz and current Preds coach Peter Laviolette. [ESPN]
- U.S. Hockey HOF 2014: Including Brian Rafaslki, Jeff Sauer. [USA Hockey]
- The Smithsonian Channel's "Air Disasters" covers the Lokomotiv disaster that killed Josef Vasicek, Pavol Demitra, and too many others. [Smithsonian]
- Speaking of which, a Slovak documentary honors Demitra. [STL Game Time]
- Hot top pick Aaron Ekblad was sent home from world junior camp with a concussion. [Sportsnet]
- BREAKING: The Wild have to play all their games indoors yet again. [Battle of California, salty language etc.]
- That's a reference to this announcement for a game played inside a jean's commercial by the way.