- John Tavares isn't the only leader on the Islanders, as teammate hypes teammate. [The Hockey Writers]
- The BIG news from the weekend: the P.K. Subban arbitration saga ends as it should have, with a rich 8-year deal for the defenseman. Canadiens GM Marc Bergevin must have, at some point, heeded the words of Teddy KGB and paid the man his money. Of course, Eyes on the Prize is all over it.
- The man for behind-the-scenes stories on contract negotiations is Chris Johnston of Sportsnet, who goes deep into the Subban Wars.
- The slightly less big news, because of Subban: goalie Ben Bishop extends his stay in Tampa Bay for two more seasons. Hey, how come the Islanders didn't acquire that guy a few years ago? [Raw Charge]
- "Businessman" Cory Schneider is ready to be the first new goalie to start a season for the New Jersey Devils since 1872. [Boston Globe]
- Larry Brooks updates everyone on the Rangers getting Marc Staal re-signed and wonders why the Islanders haven't signed "humbled" Michael del Zotto.
- Look out: your team might be among the half dozen who are interested in free agent enforcer Paul Bissonnette. [The Score]
- This FanPost by radu47 attempts to attach Trade Value Rankings to the NHL's top players.
I didn't get to see Guardians of the Galaxy this weekend, but here are a couple of Russian Cosmonauts playing hockey in space. Even in zero gravity, they're so enigmatic.
- [Bits] Tavares and Teemu to have numbers retired, Long Island scam artist busted
- Hunting the Next Zdeno Chara: 13 NHL draft picks, 84 feet, 1169 NHL GP
- [Bits] Greatest Greats, Pinky Problem, First Families, Famous Flyers, High on Habs
- [Bits] Corsi Camp David, Easier Being Greene, Gunfight at the PK Corral, Jets Flight Delays
- Stat Wars: It's all about gathering intelligence toward victory. Period.