- The team announced the dates of their first three promotional items of the season - previously seen mini lockers of Clark Gillies, Bobby Nystrom and Billy Smith.
- Can Travis Hamonic get better next season? [Isles Talk]
- The battle over the Atlantic Yards in Brooklyn enters the "we're not working any more" phase. [Capital New York]
Wait There's More
- A new company is adding "warning tracks" to hockey rinks as a way of preventing board-related injuries. [Puck Daddy]
- Stop reading, "Potential Sites for NHL Expansion" articles. Half of those cities have no shot. [fivethirtyeight]
- Dan Patrick says an existing team could be re-locating FROM WAY DOWNTOWN... BANG! to Las Vegas. [SB Nation]
- Want to be the starting goalie for the Minnesota Wild? Mike Yeo says the job is open. [NHL.com]
- Must be August at The Hockey News: A list of the NHL's worst contracts that somehow doesn't include Stephen Weiss or Andrew MacDonald. | Logos they will miss despite talking about them all the time.
- Here's a good one from THN: Lou Lamoriello's franchise-defining 1991 offseason, in which he netted both Scott Stevens and Scott Niedermayer.
- Remember the Whalers! Jean-Sebastien Giguere's retirement is the sad end of the Hartford era. [Canadian Press] | That story's addendum celebrates the best all-time Whalers. [The Province]
- And the SB Nation NHL Best Goal of the Year goes to... hm. I'm guessing Martin Biron didn't get a vote.
More from Lighthouse Hockey
- Islanders News: Bridgeport Sound Tigers schedule out; Most expendable? Plus, the insane '80s
- New York Islanders Sale: Wang Seeks Move* to Nassau (*of Lawsuit)
- Source: NHL to have two teams in each state by 2042
- [Bits] Vegas Vacation, Adventureland, American Beauty, Lady Sings the Blues
- Islanders News: Bailey vs. McDonald; MSG lineup change; Ho-Sang as Subban; Gillies/Smith/Nystrom nights