- The Islanders make their annual trip to Long Island funpark/urban legend death trap Adventureland on October 5th. [Islanders]
- Donovan or deHaan: Who Ya Got? The answer might surprise you. [Islanders Insight]
- Dee Karl on new MSG++++++++++++++++++ reporter Shannon Hogan and the challenges facing women in sports. [HockeyBuzz]
- Randy Carlyle accepts the Ice Bucket Challenge from Mikhail Grabovski and Nikolai Kulemin and takes his dousing like a good sport. [CBS Sports]
- Late breaking rumor time: NHL expansion to Las Vegas is a "done deal" according to Vancouver Province writer Tony Gallagher's "sources."
- Want more? How about FOUR expansion teams - Vegas, Seattle, Quebec and Toronto Again. Sports Business Journal says it would be worth $1.4 billion in fees to the league. [Slam Sports]
- Former Leafs and Bruins goalie Andrew Raycroft was hired as a coach at UConn. [SB Nation College Hockey]
- How many goals will the Capitals surrender next season? With luck, all of them. [Japers Rink]
- Craig Berube has heard enough of Vincent Lecavalier's bellyaching. Good talk, coach. [NJ.com]
- An army of strawmen continue their relentless attacks on the NHL's new wave of stats. [Pension Plan Puppets]
- Call them fancy if you want to, but here are a couple of smart and interesting looks at some basic issues being faced by other teams that have popped up in regards to the Islanders: Old goalies as risk aversion insurance [Silver Seven] | Enforcers and sheltered minutes. [APHockey.net]
- The New York Americans pre-dated the Rangers by a year and folded in the early 40's before they could set up shop in Brooklyn full time. Guess it's up to the Islanders to finish the job. [SB Nation's Lost Franchises]
More from Lighthouse Hockey
- Islanders News: Bailey vs. McDonald; MSG lineup change; Ho-Sang as Subban; Gillies/Smith/Nystrom nights
- [Bits] Ralph Wiggum lost his shin guard! Hack the bone. Hack the bone!
- Challenge Accepted. Rivals Doused.
- New York Islanders 2014-15: An 'Abstract' Preview
- [Bits] Islanders Party, Culture Shock, Summer Grabs, Kids Tournament