- Dissected in the comments yesterday was Richard Sandomir piece in the New York Times saying it's high time Charles Wang sells the Islanders to some other
- Isles Talk also says it's time for Wang to sell, but in a much different tone than did the Times.
- New, Game of Thrones-style wrinkle in the current lawsuit: One of Andrew Barroway's legal advisers is Gary Bettman's half-brother. This is obviously huge news because everything that happens to the Islanders is the saddest, most tragically awful thing that's ever happened to a team ever. [NY Post]
- Andy from Islanders Insight discusses the sobering revelation that Al Arbour is suffering from dementia. Safe to say the thoughts and support of all Islanders fans are with the coach.
- Rick DiPietro guested again with Alan Hahn on ESPN radio last night.
- There's been far too damn much positivity surrounding the Islanders this summer. Eyes on Isles looks at what could go wrong and cost them a playoff spot. A for creativity, but points off for making it a slide show.
- Water, water everywhere: The ALS Ice Bucket Challenges continue. Brock Nelson is probably used to it | Anders Lee films from a bird's eye view | Ryan Strome does it in a shirt with a Touch of Grey | Howie Rose calls out AGM Kerry Gwydir, Shakey Crouse and Jiggs McDonald | Eric Cairns calls out wolfman Ken Morrow, which could get messy | And Eric Boulton... just scroll down.
- The Blackhawks end a very uncomfortable, sexist tradition about 30 years too late. But it's still good that they finally acted. [Puck Daddy]
- Again with the NHL Seattle thing. Now, a new contender has entered the field. [Also Puck Daddy]
- The Coyotes' arena has a new name which sounds like the title of a John Ford movie. [KTAR]
- NHL.com has changed its Terms of Service agreement for users. Why does this matter? It doesn't, unless you've been scraping the site for data to use in homebrew analytics work. [Copper n Blue]
- Nice guy, Navy vet and Defending Big D founder Brandon Worley talks openly about his own depression and getting help in a very raw, powerful piece. Always remember: you're never alone and help is all around you. People want to hear from you.
- SB Nation is running their Top 10 Goals of the Year breakdowns featuring bloggers from both sides of the score. Number 8 is this Sidney Crosby goal against the Caps with some fun quotes from the folks at Japers Rink and Pensburgh. And don't worry, your LHH crew will be involved later on in the series.
Outstanding work by Boulton here, both on the video and calling out Frans Nielsen and Mike Bossy for the challenge.
More from Lighthouse Hockey
- Movie Review: 'The Mighty Ducks'
- Islanders News: Bryan Trottier on flipping the double bird, relations with Ted Nolan, Al Arbour's health
- Kyle Okposo's Rebirth, Top New York Islanders Prospects, and Projection Season
- [Bits] Disorder in the Court, buckets on your head, boss in your ear
- New York Islanders Lawsuit: Review Andrew Barroway v. Charles Wang Sale Documents