- Over the weekend, Dom took a look at the Islanders draft picks that escaped captivity.
- Eyes on Isles says Jack Capuano is the right coach at the right time.
- Stan Fischler with a bunch of bullet points on a few topics, including the Summer of Garth and Twilight of Brodeur.
- Helene St. James of the Free Press catches up the people of Detroit with what's going on with the Islanders.
- NEW! Garik on the true value of analytics (i.e. what the other guy doesn't know can hurt him)
- Truly Awesome: Newly-signed free agent comedy team Nikolai Kulemin and Mikhail Grabovski not only take part in the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, but throw down the gauntlet to a couple of old bosses. [Pension Plan Puppets revels in the rebellion]
All Over the Place
- Also a comedian: Roberto Luongo, who makes back-ups into starters. [The Score]
- The Capitals have had a few disappointments in their franchise history. [Puck Daddy]
- Changes are coming to open up college hockey for more than just "power schools." [Bucky's 5th Quarter]
- Fans sue the NHL over broadcast rights and... they actually have a shot at winning? Whoa. [TSN.ca]
- Fancy Stats Corner:
- Fluto Shinzawa of the Boston Globe says data is everywhere whether you like it or not.
- Rob Vollman teases Hockey Abstract with a goalie chart that makes Jaroslav Halak look pretty good. [Twitter one and Twitter too]
- Former Oiler (and Islander) Jason Strudwick makes the transition into advanced stats from the player's perspective.
- Bookmark This: Jen LC of Second City Hockey complies each team's stats-focused bloggers and Twitterers, including our own Lone Wolf, garik.
- Another good read from Arctic Ice Hockey, this time on the Ghosts of the Old Jets that haunt the current team.
- Not Hockey Breaking News: Woman is intelligent, honest-to-god sports fan, sports world unsure how to act. [EDSBS]
- Remembering the mostly unmemorable Cleveland Barons. [Bar Down]
More from Lighthouse Hockey
- Checking on Released Islanders Draft Picks: Spurgeon excels, Kichton fights for position,
- On NHL RFA Offer Sheets: Scarcity not just about GM 'old boys network'
- [Bits] Lifting Luc's Likeness, Langway's Lessons and Leering at Ladies
- Summer Cold: Even more disappointments in Islanders history
- Islanders News: High expectations, with depth to spare