- If you were away for July 4th weekend, we laughed and gawked at bad free agent contracts (and pined for the good ones).
- 20 players filed for arbitration, most important among them was Islanders goalie Kevin Poulin. Oh, and guys named P.K. Subban and James Reimer, too. And about half of the Rangers. Dominik took a look at what Poulin might be after.
- If the Islanders need to trade a forward to balance out the lines, Michael Grabner should not be one of the candidates. [Islanders Insight]
- In one of his last acts at IPB, Kevin dutifully transcribed portions of Garth Snow's WFAN appearance last week.
- VIDEO: The Windsor Spitfires complied their own fun behind-the-scenes video of Josh Ho-Sang (and a few teammates) getting drafted. Big points to the Spitfires for incorporating Garth's now-infamous S-bomb in all of its uncensored glory. But points off for not making the video embeddable.
- We kind of glossed over this when it was announced, but the Islanders released their 2014 preseason schedule and it features games in St. John's, Newfoundland, Bridgeport, Boston, Newark, Uniondale and, of course, Barclays Center in Brooklyn.
|Monday, Sept. 22, 2014||Ottawa Senators||Mile One Centre (St. John's, Nl)||01:30 PM|
|Monday, Sept. 22, 2014||Ottawa Senators||Mile One Centre (St. John's, Nl)||06:00 PM|
|Wednesday, Sept. 24, 2014||Carolina Hurricanes||Nassau Coliseum||07:00 PM|
|Friday, Sept. 26, 2014||New Jersey Devils||Barclays Center||07:30 PM|
|Tuesday, Sept. 30, 2014||Boston Bruins||TDGarden||07:00 PM|
|Thursday, October 02, 2014||New Jersey Devils||Prudential Center||07:00 PM|
|Friday, October 03, 2014||Boston Bruins||Webster Bank Arena (Bridgeport, CT)||07:30 PM|
- David Legwand is an Ottawa Senator now. [Silver Seven]
- And no one wants to play for (one of) Legwand's old team(s), the Nashville Predators. Why is that? [The Tennesseean]
- The graceful legacy of Alexei Kovalev. [Vice Sports]
- Puck Daddy's All Compliance Buyout Team. Even here, Rick DiPietro can't find a chance to play.
- Any mention of the eternal Fire Joe Morgan gets an automatic link. Here, Tyler Dellow uses FJM as a conduit to analyze new Capitals Brooks Orpik and Matt Niskanen.
- Unremarkable goalie Jakob Markstrom wants a trade from Vancouver. [The Score]
- Two years after being the belle of the hockey world, the Edmonton Journal is asking if the Oilers should trade Justin Schultz.
More from Lighthouse Hockey
- NHL Free Agency: Contracts to covet, contracts to mock
- [4th of July Bits] Snow on the Radio, Homes for Wayward GMs, Trade Talk
- NHL threatens new lockout to curb Islanders spending spree
- [Bits] 5 o'clock High, Claws Giroux, Grand Olli Opry, Endangered Sharks
- Mikhail Grabovski and Nikolai Kulemin Signings: What's the Islanders lineup look like now?