Family-style links for a Sunday afternoon
- Dom ruminated on the relationship between agents and GMs and what happens when they go south.
- Garik hosted another on Friday night.
- Part One of this Summer's biggest blockbuster bestseller, "written by" Islanders coach Jack Capuano and starring hockey coach and private eye "L.A" Jake "Guns" Absuano was released to some critical acclaim. [Les Beaver]
- The real Capuano was on TSN Radio on Thursday and Point Blank has the transciption. Cappy talks fancy stats, watching Mikhail Grabovski movies and how close he thinks the Islanders are from the playoffs.
- The Leafs re-signed James Reimer for two more years of insults, blame and trade rumors. [Globe and Mail]
- Last link about Leafs assistant GM Kyle Dubas, I swear. But it's a good one: if Toronto falters, the Kid Brainiac better be ready for the phalanx of knives that will be out for him. [Sportsnet]
- Presenting the Corsi Hockey League All Jen LC from Second City Hockey. , selected by the incomparable
- Are the Columbus Blue Jackets poisoning their relationship with yet another talented young forward? [Union and Blue]
- Can you build a Stanley Cup champion with two stars taking up the lion's share of a team's cap space? Maybe. [SB Nation]
- On Friday in Penticton, the 2004 Memorial Cup champion Kelowna Rockets were inducted into the British Columbia Hockey Hall of Fame. Among the members of that team were Shea Weber, Josh Gorges and Chris McNally folkhero Blake Comeau. [Kelowna Daily Courier]
More from Lighthouse Hockey
- "Mystery and Adventure at Unnamed Beach in Cape Cod: An L.A. Jake ‘Guns’ Absuano Story" Part I
- On GMs and Agents: When it's personal, it's unproductive
- [Bits] Poulin stays put, Defensive Diligence, Early-Onset Stamkos Fever
- Unbreaking News: Poulin, Islanders avoid arbitration, settle for guaranteed peanuts
- Zeitgeist: Maple Leafs replace entire scouting staff with room-sized computer