- Chris compares two of the Islanders most discussed trade chips: Michael Grabner and Josh Bailey.
- Mark hosted another Retro Game Thread and everyone relived the night the Islanders clipped the flightless fowl.
- Nikolai Kulemin and TJ Brennan have chosen their uniform numbers for the season. [@NYIslanders]
- Islanders Day at the Hockey Hall of Fame is next Wednesday, July 30th. Wear a jersey and stuff might happen.
- The Sound Tigers have added two UMass Alums, although neither are Julius Erving. It's actually forward Mike Pereira and forward/defenseman Adam Phillips. [CT Post]
- Hide your goalies: The Rangers re-signed Chris Kreider for two years. [Brooksie]
- Ryan O'Reilly and the Avalanche come to a peace accord moments before launching into an arbitration battle and settled for two years, $12 million in a good deal for a core player [CBS Sports]. Dater relays the entire truce in dramatic fashion. [Denver Post]
- Who should the Blackhawks trade to make cap room? Jonathan Willis nominates Nick Leddy. [Bleacher Report]
- Smart guy Scott Cullen says the Leafs hiring smart guy Kyle Dubas is smart.
- NHL GMs love "winners," probably because they don't do drugs. [SB Nation]
- New helmets might prevent concussions. [NY Times]
- Corey Sarich was involved in a biking accident when he was struck by a car in British Columbia. He's expected to make a full recover. Good luck to him. [The Score]
- Former Penguins defenseman Jim Paek is the new head coach of the Korean men's hockey team. [IIHF]
- Former NHLer Patrick Cote is going to jail for bank robbery yes you read that correctly. [Slam Sports]
- Former ref Paul Stewart on the politics of officiating both on an off the ice. [Huffington Post]
- Current Blackhawk Patrick Kane played a pick-up shinny game with some Buffalo locals recently. This is a remarkably difficult task for professional hockey players. [Bourne at The Score]
More from Lighthouse Hockey
- Retro Game Thread: Islanders Vs Penguins Game 7 1993
- Let's Make a Deal: Trade Josh Bailey or Trade Michael Grabner?
- [Bits] NBC Cancels Isles, Leafs Hire Learning, Coyote Endangerment, Upcoming Retro Thread
- [Bits] Always Bet on Vanek, Fancy Fighting Stats, O'Reilly Off the Rails, Logo No-No?
- Friedman's Super-Sized Thoughts: Islanders in on Iginla, Brock on Top, Cappy in on Fancy Stats