Enjoy the next couple of days before Free Agency Madness 2014 begins on Tuesday. Consult your doctor to find our which NHL unrestricted free agents are right for you.
- Did you miss any of our draft coverage? Well, you're banned. But before you go, we'll let you take a peek at what you neglected.
- The first paragraph of Arthur Staple's New$day article on the Ho-Sang Gambit pretty much nails what it feels like to be an Islanders fan during a moment like the one that happened on Friday night.
- When the New York Times writes about a hockey player, he must be important. Or a Ranger. In this case, it's Josh Ho-Sang.
- Larry Brooks wasn't impressed with Garth Snow's attitude at the draft. Or his vocabulary. Or his face. Or his resume. Or his historically insignificant team.
- NHL.com on Ho-Sang and what he's looking forward to the most after the draft.
- Bleuchz took a look at some video of Michael Dal Colle and Ho-Sang and analyzed his observations in a Fan Post.
- Islanders Insight's prospect watcher Jess Rubinstein on the team's two first rounders.
- A little more from the Islanders on their late round picks including goalies Ilya Sorokin and Linus Soderstrom.
- Garth Snow's tape delay moment made it to Deadspin.
- Day 2 of the draft was much quieter than Day 1 with just a handful of mid-level trades involving actual, live humans. The Canucks picked up Linden "Oy" Vey from the Kings for a second round pick [LA Times] | The Flames helped the Blackhawks out by taking stonehands Brandon Bollig for a third rounder. [CSN Chicago] | And the Maple Leafs made a very Leafs-ian trade by sending defenseman Carl Gunnarsson and a fourth rounder to the Blues for Roman Polak. Oh, and the Leafs kept a portion of Gunnarson's salary, too. [SB Nation]
- In case you missed any picks of any of the teams, the SB Nation mothership has you covered.
Few for the Road
- Jason Spezza nixes trade to Nashville, perturbs both teams' GMs. The dreaded NHL No Fly List strikes again. We feel your pain, Perds. [Globe n' Mail]
- More details on Spezza and other insider info in Pierre LeBrun's Rumblings blog.
- The good news for the Predators is that they did get James Neal. That is good, right? [On the Forecheck]
- Ryan Kesler wasn't even on a plane to Anaheim when Sportsnet's Mark Spector started hurling knives at his back. Even for Spector, that's impressive.
- Damien Cox asks why goalies don't get drafted in the first round anymore? Because goalies are voodoo, Damien.
- Down Goes Brown on the magnificent and hilarious wrestling heel villainy of Gary Bettman's draft podium performances. For all his faults, Bettman is a master troll MC and loves sticking it to the people who love sticking it to him.
The NHL Network talking heads discuss the Islanders farm system. Craig Button (or someone) calls them a team on the rise.
- Isles 2014 Draft Round-Up: Crazy Babies, Shot(s) in the Dark and I Don't Know
- Islanders 2014 NHL Draft: Isles Finish Up Draft By Selecting C's Schempp, Sutter
- Islanders 2014 NHL Draft: Islanders Select G Soderstrom, D Toews in 4th Round
- Islanders 2014 NHL Draft: Islanders Trade 65th Pick, Select G Ilya Sorokin with 78th Pick
- Post Draft Transcripts: Dal Colle & Ho-Sang talk about recent past and exciting future