Anyway, if you're interested, and I know you are, the winners and vote totals have helpfully been compiled here by Travis Hughes. Sidney Crosby is your Hart Trophy winner, Tukka Rask wins the Vezina and Duncan Keith takes the Norris.
Congrats to all the winners and to John Tavares and Frans Nielsen for being the only Islanders to get votes in any category.
In the most culturally important award of the night: Patrice Bergeron is your EA Sports NHL15 Cover Vote Winner. [Puck Daddy]
- Darren Dreger talked about the Islanders! OMG! Apparently Josh Bailey could be had for a good offer. Funny, I haven't heard any Bailey trade proposals around here. [CBS Sports]
- I opined about Brett Yormark's marketing plans for the Islanders' impending move to Brooklyn.
- Islanders Insight's Michael Willhoft and Hockey Abstract's Rob Vollman discuss the Islanders blueline.
- Tonight at 11 pm, I'll be on Sports with the Statman, a podcast hosted by LHH poster gstatman talking the draft, the Islanders and the off-season. The direct link to the show is here. Check it out.
- It's raining contracts for the Hurricanes. Carolina signs Ron Hainsey and Nathan Gerbe to new contracts and Canes Country is all over them.
- Josh Ho-Sang is a high risk, high reward player with supposed "character issues" that could force him to drop in the draft for no reason to some team that's just crazy enough to take a chance on him. This kid has Islanders written all over him and I hope they go for it. [Toronto Sun]
- Sidney Crosby discusses the Penguins' crazy off-season in the blandest way possible. [ESPN]
- Who are truly the best play pushing players in the East? A new look at advanced stats from The Sporting News.
- Ex-ref Paul Stewart reminices about Pat Burns, with whom he shared a working relationship, a friendship and a disease.
- NCAA Guys: Good in the NHL. [The Score]
- The NHL almost lost out on the brilliance of Dominik Hasek back in 1992. What an awful world it would have been. [Puck Daddy]
- Scott Hartnell is a good dude:
Scott Hartnell (@Hartsy19) June 24, 2014
- Lighthouse Hockey NHL Awards Show Open Thread
- New York Islanders Top 25 Under 25: At #5, Calvin de Quite Nice, actually.
- Yormark profiles Islanders fans, but winning is the best marketing
- [Bits] A Team Grows in Brooklyn, Voyage to the Center of Ohio and the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
- New York Islanders Top 25 Under 25: Griffin Reinhart near ready at #6