- In case you're one of those people who, like, has a life, you may have missed the news that 2012 sixth round pick Jesse Graham signed his ELC this weekend. Here's Islanders Insight with some background on Graham and here's Dom with how he fits in the Islander's crowded prospect blueline.
- And with that [horns blast] our Top 25 Under 25 is back! First up, the guys who didn't make the cut [sad trombone].
- Speaking of the young, Garik16 uses some of those "odd numbers" to review the four Isles rookie forwards who played 20 or more games in 2013-14. [LHH]
- Who's safe and who could be moved at this year's draft? [Isles Talk]
- The Thomas Vanek Trilogy: Raiders of the Lost Chemistry | Thomas Vanek and the Temple of Winning | Thomas Vanek and the LOLIslanders Crusade.
- The Western Conference Final ended the only way it could: in overtime. The Kings threw the final haymaker, knocking out the Blackhawks in the first OT on a goal by Tyler Toffoli (or, more specifically, Chicago defenseman Nick Leddy. Oof). The Rangers await.
- The Blueshirts bandwagon is filling up and Mike Vaccaro is driving it. [NY Post]
- Former Nets and Devils owner Lewis Katz was one of seven people who died in a plane crash outside of Boston on Saturday. [Deadspin]
- Stan Fischler on the battles his late wife Shirley fought to blaze a trail for female hockey journalists. [Daily Freeman]
- What kind of two-bit, knucklehead organization lets a high-scoring junior prospect walk away without signing him to an entry level contract? Oh, the Canadiens? Never mind. So, Brady Vail anyone? [Eyes on the Prize]
- The Blackhawks have some strong (accidental, totally hilarious and not safe for work) words for the president of Mexico. [Deadspin]
More from Lighthouse Hockey
- [NHL News] Western Game 7 Determines who Smokes the Rangers
- New York Islanders Top 25 Under 25 June 2014: Bawlers
- Jesse Graham Signs with New York Islanders, Completing (non-NCAA) 2012 None More Defensemen Class
- [Saturday Bits] Clash of the Titans; Run Silent, Run Deep; The Expendables and other manly men's movies
- Islanders/NHL News: New York Horror Picture Show