- Who are the up and coming defensemen in the NHL? Among them is Calvin de Haan. [BLEACHER REPORT SLIDESHOW WARNING]
- Hashtag Isles does Fathers Day.
- Soon, the world will be populated by Henrik Lundqvist clones. You have been warned.
- Plus, a Zeitgeist Classic. If you're gonna make an off-season wishlist, you better follow the rules.
- Sort of-Isles: Mikhail Prokhorov sort of wants to sell the Nets except he sort of doesn't. [Nets Daily]
- The NHL's compliance buyout window opens today, and a few notable names could be candidates for a pink slip and a pat on the back. CSN Washington has a quick run-down on the process and prospects.
- Not a buyout, but will Vincent Lecavalier be one-and-done in Philly? Sounds like the Flyers area ready to move on. [Broad Street Hockey]
- Notoriously cheap team tries to work some contractual kung-fu to screw an important player and save a few bucks. No, it's about the Avalanche taking Ryan O'Reilly to team-initiated arbitration. Who did you think I was talking about? [Pro Hockey Talk]
- In fairness to Colorado, the Jets are doing the arbitration thing with Michal Frolik, too. [Winnipeg Free Press]
- Rebuilding team seeks to trade bit parts for malcontent All Star who wants no part of them. It's about the Flames pursuing Jason Spezza, silly. [The Score]
- More Stanley Cup stories: Drew Doughty and his proud dad via Puck Daddy. | Quit bitching about the NHL on NBCSN. It's here to stay. [Awful Announcing]
- What constitutes a "dynasty" in today's NHL? [Spector's Hockey] | Too bad the Kings ain't a dynasty, according to Harrison Mooney.
- We focus on ourselves and the Islanders around here, but it was also a rough Cup final for fans of a couple of other teams. The Sharks were a game away from eliminating the team that won it all and may be haunted by it [Fear the Fin] | Meanwhile, Columbus fans watched three former Blue Jackets play for the Cup. [Blue Jackets Xtra]
- Betting odds on the 2015 Stanley Cup are already out. The Islanders are 66/1 to win it all, slightly higher than the Chilly Liars from Mutant League Hockey for the Sega Genesis.