Well, the Smurfs' luck finally changed last night. So it goes. Still three down and one to go.
- No Islanders news to speak of, but the official site continues its brief snapshots on this year's draft-eligible players, with cool flashback photos like Kyle Okposo with Scott Mayfield on his draft day. [Isles]
- Our Top 25 Under 25 rolls onward with Johan Sundstrom at 17.
- Maple Leafs mouthpiece Darren Dreger says Toronto "definitely has interest" in Islanders property Dan Boyle. [Score]
- Anyone fancy another LHH scrimmage/pick-up game and BBQ? [LHH]
- Need a backup/1A goalie? Tomas Vokoun is determined to play again. [NHL]
Cup Final and Beyond
- Call it hockey gods, or call it mountains of fortunate snow. The Rangers dodged a sweep. Darryl Sutter dodged tedious "momentum" questions.
- Before Game 4 last night, on how Henrik Lundqvist's first (and hopefully only) Cup final had been a nightmare through three games. I love the SI link (Muir) that said Lundqvist was failing because he just didn't make big saves. [SB Nation]
- Also before Game 4, this is Darryl Sutter talking about what it takes, etc. [Yahoo]
- This is necessary: Field Guide To Darryl Sutter Facial Expressions
- This job isn't: The Freezing, Hungry Lives of NHL "Ice Girls" | Mother Jones
- This isn't either, but it's fun: Awkward Photos of Gary Bettman and Celebrities -- NYMag
- It turns out Jason Spezza has requested a euphemism for a trade. Ottawa will try to oblige. Dan(n)y Heatley says hi. [TSN] [Silver Seven reaction] (Aside: Remember people crucifying Scott Howson for daring to tell people that Rick Nash was the one who requested a trade? That was silly.)
- The GMs are grappling with the ambiguity of how a coach's challenge would work. [TSN | Puck Daddy] Personally, I'm fine without it.
- Reasons to fear signing a bought-out Mike Richards. [AIH]
- The Syracuse Crunch are gonna play in the Carrier Dome. (For one game.)
Not Hockey, But Still
- You may not care, but I and many others do: The FIFA World Cup starts today. Here is SB Nation's preview and hub.
- Are you watching Fargo? It's been absolutely amazing. Outstanding television all around. Spoilers here, but good coverage of the penultimate episode. [AV Club]
Finally, just because this guy was good: