There was an Islanders game last night. There will be another on Thursday in Montreal.
- Recaps: LHH | New$day on the Islanders home ice disadvantage | IPB | Islanders | Silver Seven
- The Skinny on The Lottery: With tonight's loss the Isles are guaranteed to finish either 26th or 27th, leaving them with the 4th or 5th seed heading into the April 15th draft lottery. The Isles will have either an 8.1% or 10.7% chance of winning the lottery, depending on whether they are 26th or 27th overall.
- The Sound Tigers will hold their annual jersey auction this Sunday at their final home game of the year, against Springfield.
- Last night's NHL scores. Oh, just another 50 goal season for Alex Ovechkin. Nothing to see here. Also, the Flyers, Wild and Blue Jackets clinched playoff berths and the Leafs and Senators were officially eliminated.
- The Big News: the Canucks fired general manager Mike Gillis, which is apparently a thing teams can do when the GM is a simple employee of the owners and not something closer. Vancouver's season went into the toilet in the second half and their future is in serious disarray. Fans started chanting "Fire Gillis!" during Monday's loss to Anaheim and - poof - the next day he was gone. Nucks Misconduct is obviously all over the news, blogger Thomas Drance eulogizes Gillis at Canucks Army and Ken Campbell (yeah, yeah, I know) thinks Hockey Canada honcho Bob Nicholson is poised to take a senior position with the Canucks.
- Sam Bennett is your No. 1 ranked prospect according to Central Scouting.
- What could the Oilers get for Sam Gagner? [Oilers Nation]
- Frozen Four capsule preview at SB Nation College Hockey.
- Could Jeremy Jacobs buy the Buffalo Bills? And how long before he locks their players out? [Jewish Business News]
- Masochist Down Goes Brown watches and catalogs every Devils shootout loss this season. [Grantland]
- Yesterday in Maple Leafs drama (besides that whole playoff elimination thing): James Mirtle says Dave Bolland isn't the key cog the Leafs think he is.
- Confused by the NHL's new playoff format? Don't worry. So are the Pittsburgh Penguins. [Post-Gazette]
- Last night's Islanders-Senators game was the 5,000th for photographer extraordinaire Bruce Bennett. That's a lot of pictures. Here are some of his best.
More from Lighthouse Hockey
- Ottawa Senators 4 (EN), New York Islanders 1: Spezza pair finishes foul home record
- New York Islanders vs. Ottawa Senators: Last trip home
- Islanders Gameday News: Closing out home schedule with a dash of Gallant
- Video: Scott Mayfield, teammates, discuss his development
- Brett Gallant Recalled by New York Islanders for NHL Debut