It's almost over. But if you're still interested, tomorrow night's game against Ottawa is the Islanders' final home date of the season. I'm sure tickets are available.
- Recaps: LHH | IPB | Islanders |
- Arthur Staple's recap focuses on Scott Mayfield, who got the call to the big club and was anyway, regardless of the Islanders injury situation. [New$day]
- The Skinny from the shutout.
- John Tavares (and maybe Denis Potvin) will stop by the Butch Goring radio show/podcast Monday at 1:00 pm. You can listen here. I think.
- The Sound Tigers are winless in nine games after a lost weekend. On Sunday, they came back from 3-0 down against Hersey, but couldn't take the lead. Michael Fornabaio looks at the small positives.
Around the NHL
- Yesterday's NHL scores. Blackhawks beat the suddenly stumbling Blues. Flyers beat Sabres because.
- Forget NHL enemies. The roughest, nastiest rivalry in hockey is New York Police versus New York Firefighters. Even in charity games, they thrown down. [NY Post]
- Winnipeg's Evander Kane was a healthy scratch for the Jets' 4-2 win over the Maple Leafs on Saturday. This is obviously big news, but Paul Maurice isn't elaborating. What happened the Kane this season? Nothing out of the ordinary for a 22-year-old power forward, according to Arctic Ice Hockey.
- How your NHL fancystats sausage gets made by regular folks. [Eric T writing at fivethirtyeight.com]
- Cory Schneider will be a UFA after next season and the agent speak has already begun. [NJ.com]
- Coyotes back-up Thomas Greiss wants to be a starter. Anybody know any teams that need goalies? [AZ Central]
- The Blue Jackets don't have a captain nor a conventional "face of the franchise." Is that hurting their public image? [Columbus Dispatch]
- What Nikola Tesla, the real Most Interesting Man in the World, can teach hockey teams about running an effective power play. [Dallas Morning News]
- Ilya Kovalchuk's KHL team is in disarray after firing its coaches and GM after a playoff loss. [Puck Daddy]
- Tyler Dellow turns his attention to the eternal toughness versus skill debate.
- Sportsnet is looking for "hockey experts." I guess Nick Kypreos doesn't count?
In case there was any doubt, Roberto Luongo is the best. Following the Panthers 3-2 win over Dallas on Sunday:
You're welcome @VanCanucks ! Glad I could help! #stillonpayroll #15%— Strombone (@strombone1) April 7, 2014
More from Lighthouse Hockey
- Columbus Blue Jackets 4, New York Islanders 0: Penalty kill rolls over as tanks roll in
- New York Islanders vs. Columbus Blue Jackets: Scott Mayfield latest rookie to join Spoiler Parade
- Islanders News: More recalls, Cizikas regrets; NHL playoff picture
- Scott Mayfield, Johan Sundstrom Recalled to New York Islanders
- Washington Capitals 4*, New York Islanders 3 (*SO): de Haan, Grabner injured, John Persson scores 1st NHL goal