Columbus beat Philadelphia last night, which is enjoyable on one level but also officially eliminates the New York Islanders from the playoffs. Oh, you didn't know that hadn't happened yet? Well math is hard, but FanShots are helpful.
- NEW! Arthur Staple guests on Oilers Now with Bob Stauffer to talk Islanders, Josh Bailey, Matt Moulson, Thomas Vanek and all kinds of stuff.
- If you missed this yesterday, more on Ryan Pulock and Griffin Reinhart facing off as opposing captains in a WHL playoff series. [Edmonton Journal]
- Kirill Petrov is not walking through that door. Not this year, at least. (Lather. Rinse. Repeat.)
- The Sound Tigers made some more moves. It's getting hard to keep track, but we're trying.
- Eric Nystrom is fun in his own right, but yeah we're always going to link his interviews because Bobby inevitably comes up. [Hockey Fights]
- Remember how early in the week, people noted that prospective buyer Andrew Barroway was once involved with a shareholder lawsuit against Charles Wang (among others) with CA? Well ESPN presents that info with a little more detail, but ultimately reaching the same conclusion: It's irrelevant.
But anyway, if you want more sale scuttlebutt, Brad Dalgarno offers this:
Word is #NewYorkIslanders #CharlesWang chatting with @PatLafontaine again-This could be good! Part of new ownership?— Brad Dalgarno * (@BradDalgarno) April 2, 2014
@puckmanjack @islandermania @patlafontaine Lafontaine and Wang?? - No. Wang has to be looking at getting out. My guess.— Brad Dalgarno * (@BradDalgarno) April 3, 2014
- The Leagues worst jerseys, updated. The RBK takedown is concise and satisfying. [Unitedmag]
- On why we look at shooting percentage: "It's the kind of thing that no player needs to apologize for, but everyone must understand that these runs will end and regression will bring a player closer to his real skill level."
- Douglas Murrray was suspended three games for his brutal elbow on Mike Kostka. But hey, at least he texted his victim. Which means he could be Nino's friend.
- Mike Gillis sounds like a guy who will lose his job, or else who will be allowed to fire his coach before he soon loses his job.
- Well hey then: Numbers Game: Why things aren’t as bleak as they look for the Vancouver Canucks | Ottawa Senators Extra
- I bet the Isles rise here in Brooklyn: The Distribution of Fandom in Pro Leagues | FiveThirtyEight
- The Devils owners want to build a Lighthouse Project or something in Newark.
- Oh, so the Washington Post is hiring house-bound agoraphobes now?
- The Leafs blew a two-goal third-period lead last night, lost their starting goalie to injury, and won in OT to keep their dwindling playoff hopes alive. [ESPN]
This is mean and funny:
David Clarkson's awful season has really overshadowed the fact the Kings will pay a slightly better Clarkson $47mil over the next 8 years.— Fear The Fin (@fearthefin) April 4, 2014