- Recaps: LHH | New$day on hometown boy Calvin deHaan | IPB | Islanders
- The Skinny from Canada's capital.
- John Tavares just wants to play. [New$day]
- It's prospect vs. prospect when Griffin Reinhart's Edmonton Oil Kings meet Ryan Pulock's Brandon Wheat Kings in the WHL playoffs. [Islanders]
- NEW! More on Reinhart versus Pulock with some insight into the Islanders plans for both players. [Edmonton Journal] (h/t to Dep)
- Sound Tigers captain Chris Bruton won the team's Man of the Year award for his service to the community. Three cheers for him.
- Last night's NHL scores. The loss to the Islanders and the Red Wings thrilling win over Boston pretty much seals the deal for the Senators.
- Breaking: actual NHL general manager admits to reading actual blog. Sabres GM Tim Murray name drops Pension Plan Puppets on radio and changes everything you know about everything.
- More Leafs: Bob McKenzie thinks Randy Carlyle is "vulnerable" to being fired and James Mirtle says David Clarkson's contract is buyout-proof and immobile.
- Immortal ref Don Van Massenhoven will retire after this season. [Slam Sports]
- Former Blue Jackets coach Dave King is finding success in the KHL and is guiding a resurgent Lokomotiv Yaroslavl to the semifinals. [Calgary Herald]
- Defensive defenseman: the giant squid of the NHL. Where are they and how can you find one? [Hockey Visualized]
- The Devils are bad at shootouts. There are players that are pretty much only good at shootouts. The Devils should get one of those guys. [The Sporting News]
- All about the Frozen Four. Old friends North Dakota and Minnesota meet again. [Hockey Wilderness]
- A well-written, systematic, highly-detailed and completely ruthless take down of Adam Oates at Russian Machine Never Breaks. Notice the lack of the phrase, "real NHL coach."
- Sidney Crosby tries to draw a call after being hit by a linesman Yes. [Deadspin]
McNally gets in on the Skinny action:
For the record, thats now 23% of Bailey's career goals scored during the #Isles final 10 games of the season— Chris McNally (@thechrismcnally) April 2, 2014