Lots of action Friday night in the NHL playoffs. Here is your pretty package with GIFs and such.
Four playoff games take place today, beginning with Boston trying to close out the Wings at 3 p.m. EDT. Enjoy the action, chime in below as you like.
As a bonus for Sunday's games, it sounds like the Flyers will be resurrecting the S.S. Hal Gill from the Bangladesh ship bone yard where it was last spotted.
Islanders Discussion Fodder
- For Islanders stuff, you can check how the players reflect on memorable moments of their season, from Kyle Okposo' "U-S-A" OT winner over Chicago -- I could use that right about now -- to Calvin de Haan having his "Oh, that's Crosby" moment. [Isles]
- "The Edmonton Oilers signed Jesse Joensuu last summer, which inspired Teemu Hartikainen’s flight to Russia. A year later, its not at all clear it was the correct choice. ... And Joensuu, absolutely no screaming hell, is signed for another season!" [Lowetide] Some quotes on the Finn Named Jesse there from Doug Weight, too.
- The Islanders Booster Club rounded up a care package to send to that kid in Winnipeg. [HockeyBuzz]
- Chris Botta's update on what he's hearing regarding the Isles sale efforts. [SBJ/SBD] We riffed on that and the Bettman comments here. [LHH]
- The Capitals fired Adam Oates! And George McPhee! [NHL | Japers' | SB Nation analysis]
- The smartest spenders in sports 2014. Kind of skewed because the NHL cap really narrows the spending gap. [BusinessWeek]
- The Penguins are fighting their own heritage... [Pennlive]
- ...or their own poorly constructed bottom six. [mc79hockey]
- It's not like Fleury is the problem though. Or at least not in that familiar way. [NHL]
- Revamped Key Arena may be "key" (see what we did there?) for Seattle's NHL bid. (Aside: That's crazy, who puts a hockey team in a venue built for basketball?) [Seattle Times]
Enjoy the games! Or the Saturday. Or the beer. Or juice, whatever.