Another wild night in the NHL playoffs, including the return of Islanders Country's favorite post-season punching bag.
- Islanders Insight ruminates on the Islanders current and possible future ownership.
- Yeah, about one of those potential owners; apparently, he's out.
- A trio of Islanders rookies look back on their first seasons in the NHL.
- Playoffs: After a brief hiatus, The Further Adventures of Marc-Andre Fleury returned with a vengeance in an epic overtime collapse against the Blue Jackets. Also, the Stars tied their series with the Ducks.
- Teemu Selanne was a healthy scratch for the Ducks last night and his son had some fun with Anaheim coach Bruce Boudreau's decision. [Puck Daddy]
- The Department of Player Safety dropped the hammer on Matt Cooke, suspending the Minnesota forward seven games for his knee-on-knee hit on Colorado's Tyson Barrie. Let the Cooke hunting season begin.
- Calder Trophy Candidates: eventual winner Nathan MacKinnon and Lightning teammates Ondrej Palat and Tyler Johnson.
- The full transcript of Gary Bettman's recent sitdown with reporters. Includes Islanders stuff from a few days ago. [Broad Street Hockey]
- The Canadiens roster is full of undersized players and that's all right by them. [Eyes on the Prize]
- The Coyotes owners are loving life, except for that whole missing-the-playoffs thing. [Associated Press]
- Before your next game, be sure to choose the right hockey goal celebration for you. [This is That]
- The Backhand Shelf blog is dead. Long live The Backhand Shelf.
Every Stanley Cup celebration from 1949 to 2013. Ch-ch-ch-changes.
More from Lighthouse Hockey
- Wednesday Playoff Thread: PIT-CBJ, ANA-DAL, STL-CHI
- New York Islanders Sale Talks: Rich guy, not a scrivener, prefers not to
- Zeitgeist: New NHL program allows sport fisherman to hunt, trap Matt Cooke
- Islanders News: Wrapping up Bridgeport's injury- and callup-riddled season
- On Braden Holtby: Should the New York Islanders take Washington's goalie...and goalie coach?