Playoff stuff, pre-season games, injuries, awards, poofy pants. Everything is happening.
- The Islanders and Devils will hook up again at Barclays Center during the 2014 pre-season on Sept. 26. Maybe the Islanders will score a goal this time. But no one's going to go because you can't see the game and Long Islanders hate their own railroad. Did I cover everything?
- Someone, I don't know and don't care, spouted off on Hartford sports talk radio that some rich Connecticut family was "in talks" to buy the Islanders and move them to the XL Center. The Chase family denies. So please resume the griping of your choosing. [CBS Connecticut]
- VIDEO: The Islanders held a town hall meeting recently with season ticket holders, Garth Snow, Jack Capuano, Doug Weight and some players in attendance.
- The Sound Tigers pack up for the year after missing the AHL playoffs. [Soundin' Off]
- Playoffs: Habs go for the sweep tonight over the Lightning. Blackhawks, Penguins and Stars all won last night and made their series 2-1.
- Matt Cooke Matt Cooke'd Colorado's Tyson Barrie, who is now out a month with a torn MCL. The NHL is expected to now Matt Cooke Matt Cooke.
- But Rob Scuderi is killing the Penguins. [SB Nation]
- The Shark Tank is great place to watch a playoff game. [Katie Baker for Grantland]
- NHL Awards: June 24 in Vegas. George Stroumboulopoulos hosts. #FreeJonHamm
- Your Lady Byng Trophy finalists: Patrick Marleau, Ryan O'Reilly and Martin St. Louis.
- Mirtle: Stats are here to stay.
- Craig Berube's quest to punch Jeremy Roenick. [Broad Street Hockey]
- Physical team is upset with opponent being physical, vows to get physical. [Defending Big D]
- Smart lady JenLC (@RegressedPDO on teh Twitter) on the roughness and/or toughness of the Blackhawks..
- Goalies are weird. So is everyone else. [Minnesota Hockey Mag]
- Who you Googlin'? [On the Forecheck]
- Former Oiler Anton Belov signed with the KHL and basically blamed Edmonton coach Dallas Eakins for making him a former Oiler. [Puck Daddy]
- Also from Dmitry Chesnokov at PD, Anton Khudobin pushes (soon-to-be-former?) teammate Cam Ward into retirement.
- No, the Lightning DID NOT win the Stanley Cup in 2004. A Flames fan writing for Eyes on the Prize explains.
- Hockey history: the anniversary of Bill Barilko's Stanley Cup winning goal.
- Not hockey, always relevant: a Brief History of Zubaz. [Mental Floss]
More from Lighthouse Hockey
- [Bits] Who's going to eat all this chocolate?
- Easter Hockey Bits: Bridgeport season ends without a goal
- New York Islanders Sale Talks: Mysterious Billionaire Hockey Fan Might Decide to Bid after the Weekend
- 2014 NHL Playoff Pick 'em: Colorado Avalanche vs. Minnesota Wild [Saturday playoff thread]
- 2014 NHL Playoff Pick 'em: Boston Bruins vs. Detroit Red Wings [Friday watch thread]