The Islanders stroll into Montreal with a makeshift line-up consisting mostly of kids and wheezing towards another disappointing end to a season. The Canadiens are locked into their playoff position and coming off of an overtime loss to the defending Stanley Cup champion Blackhawks last night. Oh, and Thomas Vanek will play against the Islanders for the first time since his deadline move to Montreal. I'm sure this all means something.
FIG Picks for tonight can be registered here. Game time is 7:30.
- One of those kids, Ryan Strome, was named to the AHL All-Rookie team yesterday, thanks to his 49 points in just 37 games this season. Stockton forward - and Sound Tigers ATO signee - Jeremy Langlois was selected to the ECHL All Rookie team as well. Michael Fornabaio has the voting details for both guys.
- Human yo-yo Johan Sundstrom was recalled once again from Bridgeport, this time to probably replace Cal Clutterbuck, who was injured in Tuesday's game against the Senators.
- Eric T on what zone entries can tell us about defensive play.
- Tyler Dellow on being mislead by players who are consistently involved in a "big mistake."
- The Washington Capitals have had two general managers since 1982. How do David Poile and George McPhee stack up against each other? Turns out, in a very Caps-ian way. [Japers]
- The Canucks can now trot out patron saint Trevor Linden whenever the fans want to fire someone. He's their new VP of Hockey Ops/lapsed fan pacifier that all the cool teams have nowadays. [Globe n' Mail]
- Brendan Shanahan might be in talks to have a similar role to Linden's with the Leafs next year. Too bad he can't suspend David Clarkson for the next six years of his onerous contract. [Sportsnet]
- Not hockey, still good readin' - occasional Islanders writer for the New York Post Brett Cyrgalis on what The Ultimate Warrior meant to him on the occasion of the legendary wrestler's untimely death.
Get Kyle Okposo his own sports network already, please.
Time for the best golf tournament in the world, only problem is that it'll have the same TV rating as the Astros until 3 PM #TheMasters
— Kyle Okposo (@bookerT2116) April 10, 2014
- 2014 NHL Draft Rankings and Your New York Islanders
- [Bits] Home wreckage, Gillis gone, Fifty for Ovi, investigations and eliminations
- Ottawa Senators 4 (EN), New York Islanders 1: Spezza pair finishes foul home record
- New York Islanders vs. Ottawa Senators: Last trip home
- Islanders Gameday News: Closing out home schedule with a dash of Gallant