If you're in the New York Metro area, chances are it's raining cats and dogs right now. Here is some Islanders news to take up some time. Next game is Tuesday versus Florida. An April Fools Day treat for all.
- Recaps: LHH | New$day | Islanders | IPB | In Lou We Trust laments yet another dropped shootout for the Devils (0-10 this season, with one converted attempt. Oof.)
- The Skinny from Eric Hornick: The win is the 1,400th regular season win in franchise history.
- Arthur Staple debunks reports that the NHL is pushing Charles Wang out of the hockey business. Barely four days after news broke, it's already pretty clear that this sale of the Islanders will be a very measured and drama-free walk in the park for everyone.
- On Saturday, Syracuse Crunch owner Howard Dolgon expressed interest in fronting a group that could buy the Islanders. [Syracuse.com]
- Ken Campbell of The Hockey News weighs in with his thoughts, which sound very much like a guy writing from Toronto assuming an awful lot about a team he has no clue about. In related news: The Hockey News website is an abomination.
- VIDEO: Elliotte Friedman on what he's hearing about the sale. Is someone already at the cash register? (h/t to DPKneesandotherstuff)
- The Eyes on Isles crew has branched out to their own site, Islanders Insight.
- Islanders journeys: John Persson's whirlwind week [Islanders] and Calvin deHaan's belated NHL rookie season [LIB Magazine].
Around the NHL:
- Last night's NHL scores. Leafs and Caps lose, Blue Jackets and Red Wings win.
- The Sabres will retire Dominik Hasek's No. 39 next season. [Sabres]
- Breaking the color barrier in the NHL, from the turn of the century to the Norris Trophy of P.K. Subban. [Eyes on the Prize]
- Red Wings teammates and roommates Tomas Tatar and Darren Helm could face eviction for noise complaints. Jacoby and Myers. It's about time. [Detroit News]
- St. Louis Blues scouting director Rob DiMaio talks to the Boston Globe about finding the right players to build a (possible) champion. So I guess that means the former Islander won't be shooting in a 13-round shootout. (h/t to NHL fan)
- Dion Phaneuf's first face-off didn't go so well. [SB Nation]
- Steven Stamkos scores against the Lightning. Yes, against the Lightning. [SB Nation]
- NCAA: NoDak and Union are through to the Frozen Four. [Puck Daddy]
- Not hockey, still funny: No, CNN. Pele is not dead.
- New York Islanders 2*, New Jersey Devils 1 (*SO): Much quicker this time
- New York Islanders vs. New Jersey Devils: Bank on extra time
- New York Islanders Sale Talks: $300 million valuation?
- New York Islanders Sale: Charles Wang wants $300 million
- Got a Deal for You: A hastily complied list of prospective Islanders investors