Hey, a line-up with 10 rookies losing to one of the best teams in the conference in a 13 round shootout? I'll take it and enjoy my Friday. The Islanders return to the Coliseum tomorrow night to face the Devils.
- [Note: Charles Wang in "talks" to sell stake thread is over here.]
- Recaps: LHH | New$day | Islanders | IPB | Raw Charge
- The Shootout Skinny. More info like this: This was the first shootout in NHL history with 9 goals scored; Tampa Bay becomes the first NHL team to score five times in the shootout.
- With the imposters in their post trade-deadline hibernation state, the real Bob McKenzie broke news late last night that Charles Wang may be in talks to sell his majority stake in the Islanders. Adjust your drama settings accordingly.
- In case you missed it, Chris took a look at the Islanders 400 games club and its latest prospective members, Josh Bailey and Kyle Okposo.
- What happens when the Islanders can't lean on Lubomir Visnovsky anymore? [The Hockey Writers]
- Dan's Soapbox: ya know, I'd love P.K. Subban, or All Star X, on the Islanders as much as the next guy. But I'm a little concerned about the quickness to trade Ryan Strome already. The kid just got here. I just, I... I strongly disagree. Anyway, this Subban article is from The Checking Line.
- Last night's NHL scores. In a Stanley Cup final "rematch," the Bruins blanked the Blackhawks 3-0. Look out, West.
- Bobby Ryan's season is over thanks to a sports hernia that he's had for quite some time. [Silver Seven]
- Sean Avery and Marty Brodeur still don't like each other. [SB Nation]
- Kommisar Mike Keenan and Russia were made for each other, apparently. [Grantland]
- Building depth for an NHL team is key and the Winnipeg Jets are among those teams chasing the dream. [Arctic Ice Hockey]
- Canada's best hope for hockey excellence is...the Calgary Flames? For extra fun, read the comments. [Dellow at Sportsnet]
- Video: Oilers blogger Michael Parkatti gave a talk at the University of Alberta on the rise and use of advanced hockey stats.
- I thought only cephalopods were allowed into Red Wings games. [SB Nation]
- The name is Reinhart. No, the other one. No, the other other one. [NHL.com]
- Really great looooooooooooooong read about the nature of Canucks fandom and Roberto Luongo's place in the team, and the city's, history. I still haven't finished it, but I like it very much. [Deadspin]
- Another thing I like: people smart enough to be Jeopardy contestants but who don't know who Wayne Gretzky is.
- Charles Wang in Talks to Sell New York Islanders Majority Stake?
- Tampa Bay Lightning 3*, New York Islanders 2 (*SO): 13-round shootout with all the rookies
- New York Islanders vs. Tampa Bay Lightning: John Persson recalled for Southleast survivor
- Rare Islanders Air: Kyle Okposo, Josh Bailey approach 400 games club
- Islanders News: Anders Lee meets his old junior coach