Islanders and Vaguely Islanders-ish Things
- Eric Hornick notes the crazy swing in the Islanders' road record this season (which should really be a death knell to all those hockey narratives about "they play tight/relaxed at home/road"): 17-17-1, they started 4-13-0 but are on a record 13-4-1 run.
- Lightning coach Jon Cooper and Anders Lee pour praise on one another, as they were together in USHL Green Bay what seems like so long, long ago. [Newsday]
- How are the Flyers using ex-Isle Andrew MacDonald? Slightly protected with fewer minutes, though not that many fewer. [BSH]
- Staple blogs about Ryan Strome, Anders Nilsson and the injured Sebastian Collberg. [Newsday I$les File$]
- SI with a weak (and in parts factually incorrect) rehash of why it's miserable to be an Isles fan.
- Last night ex-Isle Nino Niederreiter hit Alex Burrows in the head (or was it?). [Twitter gif]
- FIG Picks: Tonight's First Islanders Goal picks shall be left here, or else.
- The Finnish "oracle" who inspires legions of Finnish goalies. [The Atlantic]
- The Panthers fired their assistant GM Mike Santos, who came from the Predators organization and evidently opposed RUSHing players. [LBC]
- I read this story about the Gaudreau brothers of B.C. and hear an, ahh, "active" mother who delivers some fun quotes: "I don’t think he gets he may be taking the spot of someone who has a wife and three kids."
- Oh look, Don Cherry hates 'mericans. At least edumucated ones. [SBN]
- This is old, but a fun sidebar to the Islanders' big third period in Vancouver last week: When the Canucks choked in '77. [Sun]
- Five NHL uniforms that need a rebrand. [Too Many Men]
- Turns out Brian Burke is actually a prematurely grey raccoon.
- Is Dan Bylsma trying to get fired, or is that just a headline designed to get you to click for Penguins hate? [Pensburgh]
- Better yet, enjoy the Pens pissed at each other for their top players taking dumb penalties. [Tribune]
- Speaking of schadenfreude, Mirtle on the Leafs' house of cards. [Globe & Mail]
- If the Canes made nice moves last summer (on paper), what's the problem? [Canes Country]
- The best pre-Synergy sticks? (My answer: All of them.) [The Score]
- Also from Bourne: The two types of "players only" meetings.
Well, after Dan got that song stuck in your head yesterday, here's my contribution of people who may bother you: