The Islanders had everything going against them yesterday - matinee game, against the Blue Jackets (who they never play well against), without Lubomir Visnovsky and, on yeah, in the cursed black jersey. So much for omens.
- Recaps: LHH | New$day | Islanders Point Blank | Islanders | The Cannon
- The Sunday Skinny from Eric Hornick: [The Islanders] last home shutout came exactly 52 weeks ago (3/24/13 vs Florida)
- No tanks allowed as Islanders play out the sting. [New$day]
- A few days old, but the official site takes a look at Frans Nielsen's career year. [Islanders]
- Hey everyone! Fixing the Islanders for next season is as easy as 1, 2, 3 veteran Stanley Cup winners! [funny satire from Mark at his Bard's Blog]
- In case you missed the announcement yesterday, Eric Boulton will return to the Islanders next season to punch some faces once or twice a month.
- The Sound Tigers signed two forwards to ATOs, Ryan Walters and Brock "the Other Brock" Montpetit.
- Bridgeport play-by-play man Phil Giubileo guests on the Power Play Post podcast.
Yesterday's NHL scores. If you're an Eastern Conference team that wants to make the playoffs, you might want to start winning games.
- The folks at PPP talk about "The James Reimer Situation," which is obviously a big one for the Maple Leafs.
- The Islanders aren't the only team who could use Reimer next year. How about the Flames? [Matchsticks and Gasoline]
- How do goalies age? Some better than others. [Hockey Graphs]
- Smart guy Travis Yost on what teams are trending the right way possession-wise. [Sens Extra]
- Remember when Canadian teams were good at hockey?. [Puck Daddy]
- Oilers fans sure do. Incoming! Duck! [PHT]
- Please don't throw jerseys on the ice. Also, seriously, DON'T BANG ON THE DAMN GLASS YOU ANIMALS. [The Score]
- Erik Karlsson has had a difficult season, both professionally and personally. [6th Sens]
- Predators color analyst, raconteur, hockey lifer and original Islander Terry Crisp talks about... all kinds of stuff. [The Tennessean]
- When you have a minute, be sure to stop on by Defending Big D for details on a fundraiser inspired by the heart ailments of Stars forward Rich Peverley.
The geniuses at Bloge Salming ballad-ize the plight of Reimer and his rise and fall into blue and white insanity.
- New York Islanders 2, Columbus Blue Jackets 0: Old Man Nabokov with the Shutout
- Eric Boulton Signs with New York Islanders Again
- New York Islanders vs. Columbus Blue Jackets: Opposite directions
- Islanders News: Prospects hit NCAA, CHL playoffs
- NHL Goal Controversies: What's a kicking motion? It depends.