- In case you missed it over the weekend, the Islanders signed OHL defenseman Adam Pelech to a three-year contract.
- Bossy bless Eric Hornick for knowing the most minute of minute trivia, like this mini-Skinny on a record set by Lubomir Visnovsky in the Islanders' win over Buffalo on Saturday.
- Speaking of the Sabres, Thomas Vanek returned to Buffalo on Sunday with the Canadiens and received a standing ovation from the fans at
The AudFirst Niagara Center. Before the game, he spoke with every reporter within earshot and talked about his unusual year and his time as an Islander. He felt the leak of his turning down the Islanders offer was, um, counter-productive. But he did reiterate that he greatly enjoyed his time in blue and orange and running with some pretty good linemates.
- After being abused in back-to-back shutouts on Friday and Saturday, Bridgeport picked up a much-needed win against Adirondack on Sunday. Jeremy Langlois and Andrew Clark each had two goals in the 5-4 victory.
- Also this weekend, the Sound Tigers released forward Justin Mercier.
- It's St. Patrick's Day. I wonder if the Islanders ever had any good players named Pat or Patrick. Nah. None come to mind.
- Last night's NHL scores. Bad weekend for the Penguins, good weekend for the Habs.
- What kind of clueless, boneheaded organization would make the head-scratching decision to guarantee a newly-signed college free agent a spot on the NHL roster with a clause preventing his demotion to the AHL? Oh. It's the Rangers? Never mind.
- Playoffs or not, it's been a banner season in Dallas. [Puck Daddy]
- LHH regular Eric Morris on Rich Peverley's heart condition that ended his season. [Undisclosed Injury]
- If you thought the trade of Roberto Luongo and non-trade of Ryan Kessler would finally end the drama surrounding the Canucks, you were wrong. [Vancouver Province]
- Canadian gold medal goalie Shannon Szabados made her first start for the Columbus Cottonmouths of the SPHL on Saturday and Puck Daddy guest writer Lance Bradley was there with his daughter to watch the ground-breaking and inspiring event.
- Stan Fischler predicted that Ryan Callahan would remain a New York Ranger or else he would eat his hat. Callahan is now a member of the Tampa Bay Lightning. So The Maven, a true mensch, followed up on his word. [Puck Daddy]
More from Lighthouse Hockey
- New York Islanders 4 (EN), Buffalo Sabres 1: Kyle Okposo, scoring machine
- New York Islanders sign Erie's Adam Pelech to 3-year, entry level contract
- New York Islanders vs. Buffalo Sabres: Ted Nolan returns, Pat LaFontaine doesn't
- [Back-to Back Gameday Bits] Surf and Turf Weekend Continues as Buffalo wings in
- San Jose Sharks 4, New York Islanders 3: Uphill fight, but Anders Lee scores again