- Newsday interviews Islanders fans about the team's final season at Nassau Coliseum. Includes a cameo appearance by our own Chris McNally, who manages to not mention Blake Comeau somehow. (Ed. note: sources say the Comeau section of McNally's interview was edited out, possibly to be featured in a separate 42-page Newsday special to be printed later next year).
- Man of Action Bobby Nystrom talks before the game played in his honor. [Islanders]
- Bobby Ny also left poor Anders Lee hanging by denying him a fist bump on Saturday. [SI.com]
- Yes, the Islanders got beat-up by the Blues, but they're not letting it get them down. [Islanders Insight]
- JP in VA ranks NHL teams based on a number of team stats. [FanPost]
- Bridgeport dropped a weird one to Lehigh Valley on Sunday. [Soundin' Off | Fornabaio's post-game blog]
- Michael Dal Colle helped Oshawa beat the McDavid-less Erie Otters 4-1 on Sunday with an unassisted goal. [Generals]
- We know what you're wondering: what if Thomas Vanek had re-signed with the Islanders for $7 million per? [Gone Puck Wild]
- The Islanders aren't the only team to be graced by the sweet sounds of Jiggs McDonald. He'll be back in the Panthers's booth for a few games this season. [Miami Herald]
- Pierre LeBrun sets the table for the owners meetings in Boca Raton today and tomorrow. Expansion and the salary cap are on tap. [ESPN]
- Could Andrew Barroway's deal to buy the Coyotes fall through? Could they be forced to shed payroll? Will this crap ever end with these guys? Who knows? [Puck Daddy]
- Steve Valiquette makes an appearance on TSN's analytics podcast.
- Uh oh. Sources say a highly-touted prospect wants a trade because he's unhappy with his playing time. As we all know, this could only happen to a downtrodden, eternally incompetent, piece of trash organization like the Chicago Blackhawks. [Sun-Times]
- The Oilers' first round picks have been good. The rest of their drafted players have contributed bubkus. [SB Nation]
- Edmonton got the same "tire fire" treatment from TSN that the Islanders got last year. It's not fun. [Edmonton Journal]
- Recently, a pair of hockey writers, the Denver Post's Adrian Dater and Steve Lepore of Awful Announcing and other places (including, briefly, SBN) were fired from their jobs for unseemly and unprofessional behavior towards women. SI's Richard Dietsch has a guest in his media column discuss the incidents and how hockey media's boys club can be a terrifying place for female fans or writers. For accounts of personal experiences with Dater and Lepore, two of their targets have written articles at Winging it in Motown and The Blonde Side. Guys, seriously, Hockey Twitter isn't a meat market or peep show.
- The Panthers made a joke about the blizzard in Buffalo when playing the Sabres and Dale Tallon had to apologize. [Miami Herald]
- Jonathan Bernier doesn't know who Nelson Mandela was. He probably should have checked before showing up a Mandela-inspired charity event. [Puck Daddy]