- Recaps of a regulation road win: LHH | Newsday | NHL.com | Islanders | Silver Seven
- Eric Hornick has The Skinny on your first place New York Islanders.
- Cal Clutterbuck and Josh Bailey missed out on last night's win with minor injuries. [Newsday]
- Video: Part 5 of Newsday's Last Season series focuses on Billy Smith Night.
- More video: Matt Martin talks to News12 Long Island about how loud it gets inside the Coliseum.
- Things are looking up and Uniondale, not so much in Manhattan. [CBS Sports]
- Michael Leboff ponders a strange question for Islanders fans these days: are these guys actually good? [Medium]
- Scooter Vaughan is more than just a great name. He's become a very valuable and versatile Sound Tiger. [Soundin' Off]
- A spate of Sound Tigers stats. [BST]
- Former Sound Tigers coach Scott Pellerin has resurfaced with the Maple Leafs. [Mirtle's Twitter]
- Michael Dal Colle scored twice in Oshawa's 6-0 romp over Peterborough last night. [Durham Region]
- Before he set the Islanders franchise record for consecutive wins, Jaroslav Halak was given another honor: ECHL Alumni of the Month.
- Please donate blood at the Islanders December 20th home game. [Islanders]
- Barclays Center forms the Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment Advisory Board. I have no idea what that means but Craig Carton, Rosie Perez and Nick Cannon are on it. [Brooklyn Eagle]
- So, yeah, Daniel Alfredsson is kind of a big deal in Ottawa. If you missed the ceremony for him before last night's game, here you go. [SB Nation]
- Ol' Marty lost his first game with St. Louis, 4-3 to the Predators [St Louis GameTime]. Earlier, we exposed the performance bonuses in his contract with the Blues that are... a little out there. [Zeitgeist]
- It was Fight Night at the
ThunderdomeAmalie Arena when the Sabres and Lightning racked up 106 PIMs in the third period of last night's 5-0 Tampa win. [The Score]
- Ryan Suter is the NHL's latest mumps case. What year is this again? [Star Trib]
- Ryane Clowe's father charged with cocaine trafficking. No I didn't make this one up. [Pro Hockey Talk]
- Breakout stars from this NHL season. The fact that it's down here tells you how many Islanders are on the list. [Grantland]
- Oh hey, the MGM-AEG Arena will open in Las Vegas in 2016. You think an NHL team might be... nah. [Review Journal]
- The US Hockey Hall of Fame named it's enshrinees for this year and they include former Devil and Red Wing Brian Rafalski and 1984 Olympic hockey coach Lou Vairo. [US Hockey Hall]
- Vairo was a Brooklyn street hockey kid that rose up the coaching ranks at a time when "hockey" and "Brooklyn" didn't quite go together. [NY Times]