- Recaps of a sludgy see-saw: LHH | Newsday | NY Post | Daily News | Islanders | NHL | Silver Seven
- Thursday's rematch with the Senators will include a retirement tribute to Daniel Alfredsson [NHL.com], which some Islanders would like to see, too. [Ottawa Sun]
- Johnny Boychuk and Lubomir Visnovsky missed last night's game, but are working off ice. [Newsday]
- Audio: Kyle Okposo was on WFAN talking about keeping the team's record in perspective.
- Audio: Garth Snow was on Sirius XM radio for a chat with Phil Esposito and some other guy. Espo doesn't see what's so bad about the Coliseum. Garth's retort is very funny.
- Stupid Audio: one guy who wasn't listening to Garth's call-in was Leafs Lunch host Jeff O'Neill who has a weird beef with Snow for some reason. [@Hope_Smoke]
- Sign up Frans Nielsen and Jaroslav Halak for a mixed Euro All-Star team for the World Cup of Hockey. [Puck Daddy]
- Never too early for awards buzz, right? Is Halak Vezina-worthy? Is a hot dog a sandwich? [NJ.com]
FIXED! A heartwarming Fanpost about Coliseum security harrassing a Devils fan.
- New hats on sale at the team store. No fisherman required. [Islanders Twitter]
- Michael Fornabaio's eyes open to AHL fancy stats. [Soundin' Off]
- A few Sound Tigers notes and timetables for returning injuries. [Soundin' Off]
- More Audio: A Sound Tigers report by play-by-play man Phil Giubileo. [Soundcloud]
- Hockey Canada head scout Ryan Jankowski explains why Islanders prospect Joshua Ho-Sang and Islander-by-proxy Dylan Strome missed the World Junior team cut. [Yahoo.ca]
- Michael Dal Colle is going to WJC camp and is looking to make an impact (and dishing out Tavares-esque quotes). [Durham Region]
- Just a few days after the passings of Pat Quinn and Viktor Tikhonov, and with Gordie Howe's health in daily jeopardy, the hockey world was deal another blow last night with the news of the passing of Montreal great Jean Beliveau. The Canadiens captain and 10-time Cup champion was class personified. Rest in peace, Le Gros Bill. [Eyes on the Prize]
- Jaromir Jagr was leveled by Pittsburgh's Robert Bortuzzo last night with a shoulder or elbow. Let's hope Jagr is okay. [Puck Daddy]
- The Kings had a special guest at practice on Tuesday: defenseman Slava Voynov who is still suspended pending his domestic violence trial. The Kings say they "misinterpreted" what an "optional" skate means, which sounds incredibly stupid and disingenuous for a pretty smart organization. They were fined $100,000 in chump change by the NHL. A bad scene gets worse and the Kings should be ashamed of this bullshit. [Kings Insider | SB Nation]
- It's official: Martin Brodeur is the newest member of the St. Louis Blues. And coach Hitchcock says it's not as a back-up. And his first start could be against the Islanders on Saturday. This is just starting to get good. [Sportsnet]
- Meanwhile, Vincent Lecavalier was a very expensive healthy scratch for the Flyers last night. [Philly.com]
- Friedman's 30 Thoughts are heavy on the eternal enigma in Edmonton. [Sportsnet]
- Oilers captain Andrew Ference had words for his teammates that were even more pointed than David Perron's criticisms from last week. [Edmonton Journal]
- Carey Price gets some help from his friends the posts. [SB Nation]
- The Cult of the Whale is strong in Boston. [Boston.com]
- Part One of Sportsnet's ranking of NHL goal songs. They're generous to the Islanders, if you ask me.
- Evander Kane is a master troll. [SB Nation]
- Down Goes Brown is a MasterChef, cooking up a Stanley Cup contender. [Grantland]
This seems oddly appropriate given a lot of the information up there.