- Recaps of a Buffalo blah-zzard: LHH | Newsday | Islanders | NHL.com | Die by the Blade | Eric Hornick's Skinny
- So, Jaroslav Halak is hurt. Not sure if you noticed last night. [LHH]
- Matt Moulson still keeps in touch with his ex-teammates, but without the aid of a time machine somehow. [Newsday]
- And Bryan Trottier is passing his knowledge onto the Sabres. [Newsday]
- Les Beaver, rosey7 and keilj07 combine to bring us a Cappy pre-gamer radio play that is as brilliant as it is funny. More please. [LHH]
- The Sound Tigers beat Wilkes-Barre 5-0, behind David Leggio and a three point night for Colin McDonald. [Soundin' Off]
- NDRE on Metro Division defensemen at 5-on-5. [Fanpost]
- Video: Islanders Insight with a nice music video on Coliseum remembrance.
- News 12 Long Island talks to Casey Cizikas on his connection to the Coliseum.
- The Durham Region, which covers the Oshawa Generals, has a series/ebook on Michael Dal Colle called "Drafted." There are nine chapters, plus an article by the author and an epilogue. Here's Chapter One, but you can skip to whatever one you like.
- Gustav Nyquist COZO's the Ottawa Senators to sleep before scoring an overtime game-winner. [SB Nation]
- A day after firing Peter DeBoer, the Devils announce an unusual set-up: Lou Lamoriello goes behind the bench temporarily, and is joined by uncategorized coaches Adam Oates and Scott Stevens. Because committees always work in the NHL. [ILWT, Fire and Ice on the introductions]
- World Junior round up: Sweden over Denmark [NHL.com] and Slovakia upsets the defending champs from Finland. [NHL.com]
- Video: Elliotte Friedman discusses the Coyotes sale that should (should...) be completed this week. [Sportsnet]
- Puck Daddy's Top 10 Jersey Fouls of 2014 include some, um, colorful humor.