One more day without hockey, which is good because if you ate as much as I have over the last two days, you barely want to move today.
- Kent Simpson was recalled by Bridgeport from Stockton last night, possibly as a precaution against more maintenance days. [Soundin' Off]
- The first 30-something games of the Islanders season have been outstanding. Brett Cyrgalis looks at where they've been and where they could go now. [NY Post]
- Howie Rose was on WFAN with noted Islanders antagonist Steve Somers and he thinks the team and the Coliseum are humming. [CBS NY]
- Islanders Insight has a rundown of relevant team stats as they stand now.
- A breakdown of the Bridgeport brigade from Hockey's Future.
- Remember that Sound Tigers game that was postponed last weekend because the team's bus broke down? The Worchester Sharks smell a rat. [Telegram]
- Reasons to watch the World Junior Championship. Congrats to those of you with NHL Network. [Five for Howling]
- Jeff Tambellini is off the Spengler Cup, a family tradition. That's, um, charming. [CBC.ca]
- Eyes on the Prize hands out presents to a bunch of NHL teams and folks.
Arthur Staple sends holiday wishes to Islanders fans and LHH readers. Thanks for the plug, Art. Your check is in the mail - to the Center for Dementia Research. Hope the holidays were great for you and the family.
Happy Holidays from the Staples. Enjoy, #Isles fans! pic.twitter.com/9CXCFD5t3k— Arthur Staple (@StapeNewsday) December 25, 2014