Merry Christmas to all of you from all of us. We hope Santa Clause puts whatever you want under your tree tonight, although I don't know if anyone has a tree big enough to fit a new back-up goaltender or special teams coaches for the Islanders. But, hey, miracles happen.
- Recaps of a turd in the eggnog: LHH | Newsday on all the corsis | Daily News | NHL.com | Islanders | EOTP's rapid reaction | Eric Hornick's Skinny
- Jaroslav Halak's maintenance day had him in street clothes last night, sending all Islanders fans into a tizzy. Cappy says he OK. [Newsday]
- And just like that, Kevin Poulin returns to the North Pole, aka Bridgeport.
- The Islanders commemorate a heartwarming Christmas classic: that time all those Santas brawled at the Coliseum. [Twitter]
- And other classic, just for fun: our post from last year on the Islanders 1979 Christmas album. Sing it, Chico.
- Developer Ed Blumenfeld talks about the next Coliseum, including fielding some weird questions about the Islanders. [LI Business News]
Around the league
- International players, including Michael Grabner, talk about their Christmas traditions. [NHLPA]
- SBN's Power Rankings have the Islanders at 7 again, but a few teams are moving on up.
- Mike Smith has had a bad, bad season. [Puck Daddy]
- Also in Arizona, Andrew Barroway has about a week to finalize his purchase of the Coyotes. I'm sure everything is fine. [Slam]
- Yesterday was the last night of Hanukkah, so if you were going to send any of these NHLers a present, you're too late. [Puck Daddy]
- The Blues Christmas video is a Home Alone spoof featuring their mascot and two poor stand-ins for Daniel Stern and Joe Pesci. [Blues]
Friend and Flames fan Ruhee (formerly of Matchsticks and Gasoline) took in the game last night and Instagrammed this cool time lapse picture.