- Jaroslav Halak is feeling very zen after his busy and successful weekend. [Newsday]
- Chris spent some time at the Kid's Table with the Islanders' line of talented youngsters. [LHH]
- The Islanders are growing up right before our eyes and ESPN wants you to pay money to read about it.
- Montreal columnist Pat Hickey remembers the early Islanders and sees this version on the rise. [Montreal Gazette]
- Turns out that Top 25 Under 25 lists can be very insightful, even years later. And our panel knows their stuff. [Fanpost by DPKnees]
- From World Juniors to bust to waiver pick-up to top four defenseman. Thomas Hickey's wild ride. [Islanders Insight]
- The Hockey Writers on Jack Capuano's role in the Islanders' success.
- Isles Nation is organizing a Frans Nielsen appreciation celebration for the Jan. 19 game against the Flyers.
- Puck Daddy's Top 10 shootout goals of 2014 feature more than a couple of Islanders. Spinoramas for everyone.
- Garik has Christmas/Hanukkah presents for all of you: Islanders neutral zone data! Game 24 vs New Jersey | Game 25 vs Ottawa | Game 26 at Ottawa | Game 27 vs St. Louis | Game 28 at Minnesota | Game 29 at St. Louis | Game 30 vs Chicago | Game 31 vs New Jersey | Game 32 at Detroit.
Beau Coup Audio
- A very special guest stops by the Islesblog podcast: Darius Kasparaitis.
- The Point Blank podcast talks the wins over Detroit and Tampa Bay.
- Sportstalk1240's Gary Harding talks to Doc Emerick and Shannon Hogan on his show.
- Last but not least, Johnny Boychuk hangs with Butchie on the Butch Goring Show.
Around le mond du hockey
- Not sure what, or even if, John Scott was thinking hitting Tim Jackman in the face with the butt end of his stick like it was the hilt of a sword. Dumb. [Eye on Hockey]
- The newest mumps case is the Rangers' Lee Stempniak. [USA Today]
- Japers Rink goes behind the scenes with EPIX on the Road to the Winter Classic.
- After over a year on the job, the gap between Steve Tambellini and Craig MacTavish gets smaller and smaller. [Lowetide]
- The son of former Islander Bill Berg is suing the CHL for unfair labor practices. [NY Times]
- SB Nation College Hockey checks in on the World Juniors.
- Eric Morris looks at transaction trees for NHL teams. The Islanders one is refreshingly boring yet divine. [Undisclosed Injury]
It's David Leggio versus Ryan Pulock in a hilarious Sound Tigers cookie decorating battle. Fight!