The New York Islanders are 23-10. Soak that up for your Monday.
- You may have heard that the Islanders are good this season. (23-10!) NBC Sports, which originally scheduled no Isles games, has heard this too: "We are plotting as we speak." [Newsday]
- The Bridgeport Sound Tigers postponed yesterday's afternoon game after their bus broke down on the way back from the bottleneck that is Norfolk. [CT Post] Finding a makeup date could be tricky. [Soundin' Off]
- Their would-be opponent, the Worcester Sharks, are implying shenanigans. [Telegram]
- We wrote a lot of words this weekend, so you should probably read them if you're a "true fan." Dan does a PSA taking down Damien Cox's...article. | Willhoft added more reactions to Saturday's win and the Coliseum crowd. | P.S. they won with an electric 12-second boogie. | JP updates an index ranking of teams using their fancy stats, special teams, and more.
- We haven't really talked about this here (anti-All-Star bias), but you can vote for the All-Star team 10 times a day.
John Tavares wants to win so badly, he let them do this to his ear:
Not Exactly Islanders Reads
- Your day in Oilers misery: Edmonton led Dallas 5-2, lost in a shootout. [Copper & Blue]
- The Blackhawks beat the Leafs, 4-0, but with heavy hearts after assistant trainer Clint Reif died suddenly.
- "The Leafs are rumored to be shopping Jake Gardiner to fit Korbinian Holzer into the lineup." Bad idea jeans. [PPP]
- Speaking of the Leafs, "status and privilege continue to dictate ACC crowds." [PPP]
- The Flyers won, with a D pairing of Andrew MacDonald and Luke Schenn. [Broad Street Hockey] The big story, however, was Rob Zepp being the oldest goalie to win his NHL debut since some Lehman brother back in 1926. [NHL]
- If you are aware of GamerGate then this media/ESPN hockey story may amuse you. [Hockey Without Propriety]