- This is why John Tavares is special. That's excerpted from this ESPN/LeBrun profile on the Isles.
- Michael Grabner will probably crack the lineup sometime this week, but who he cracks from it is the daily question. [Newsday]
- Jaroslav Halak was named the NHL's 1st Star. [LHH | Daily News(!) | NHL Video]
- He says hey, just have fun out there. [Zen of Halak]
- Or maybe his secret is behind a paywall. [ESPN Insider]
- Chad Johnson knows he needs to be better, is doing the video homework. [IPB]
- Pennst92 checks in with his weekly Islanders 30 Thoughts. November was nice, yeah? [LHH]
- The top penalty +/- lists include Kyle Okposo (good!) and Ryan Strome (shame!) [CBS]
- The Isles prospect report includes that shutout pair by Stephon Williams. [Isles]
- The Isles picked out toys to give hospitalized kids, which is always adorable. [Isles | Newsday]
- Sunday's Hockey Night in New York podcast included Arthur Staple. [blogtalk]
- Here is the Canada 2015 WJC camp invite roster, and why yes Michael Dal Colle is on it. [Eyes on the Prize] Dal Colle is having a bit of a season. [Durham]
- The Post had a clearly AEG-friendly leak saying AEG wanted to by Barclays Center but saw the Isles lease as "risky." [Post] Take it all with a grain. [Field of Schemes]
- After a brief callup with David Leggio banged up, Kent Simpson is back in Stockton. [Thunder]
- Your feedback sought: Ranking NHL teams (and their trend) based on Corsi, goals for, shot differential, special teams. JPinVA says weigh in, suggest improvements, enjoy the ranking. [LHH]
- FIG Picks: Leave your First Islanders Goal picks for tonight here. Don't pick Grabner...yet.
As If Others Places Matter
- NHL Power Rankings: Preds and Isles, man. [SB Nation]
- No but in projected standings, the Isles are for real. [WaPo]
- Tonight's opponent is having a rough season. But Daniel Alfredsson is going to retire and officially erase last season from the record, so Sens fans are reliving his best moments, which were all as a Senator because last year was a mirage not to be spoken of again. Here is Silver Seven on his seven-point night.
- Martin Brodeur just won't
be told toquit. [SB Nation] He says he's ready, and the Blues will probably start him soon for some reason. [stltoday]
- Veteran center Scott Gomez says two ancient Devils can play at this "washed up but employed" game. [NHL]
- Speaking of slow, here's the Monday slow-mo replay.
- The road to the Stars' rebrand was filled with disasters dodged, including the desire to abandon green -- because hey, why own a distinct color almost no other team has? The NHL "encouraged" them to reconsider. [Icethetics]
- No introduction: Revenge of Revenge of the Nerds: A Comic | FlamesNation