After three days off, the Islanders finally get to play hockey again tonight in Detroit. Leave your FIG picks here.
- At long last, it appears as though Travis Hamonic and Johnny Boychuk are on their way back, possibly by tonight. [Newsday]
- We talked to the director of the cool short film Hockey Barn: Long Island.
- Possession and points/60 charts for Metro Division forwards via Fanpost by NDRE.
- Joshua Ho-Sang had a pair of goals in Niagara's wild win over Owen Sound. [NHL.com]
- Pat LaFontaine's son and Long Island hockey player Daniel LaFontaine has committed with Canisius college. [Buffalo News]
- Leak springs in Barclays Center roof. Internet yucksters trip over themselves to make the same Islanders/Nets arena joke. [Nets Daily]
Sound Tigers stuff
- Bridgeport has a game tonight also against the Norfolk Admirals. Anchors aweigh! [Soundin' Off's preview]
- The Sound Tigers have taken steps to avoid the mumps, that has now filtered into the AHL thanks to the parent clubs. [Soundin' Off]
- And a parcel of stats. [BST]
All Around the World
- Nobody does pregame ceremonies better than the Habs and last night it was Saku Koivu's turn. Video of the event is here, and Eyes on the Prize's Marc Dumont talks about Koivu's importance to the franchise.
- Claude Giroux is now biting people. His guardians are concerned about his behavior and wrote a letter to his parents. [Broad Street Hockey]
- Flames coach Bob Hartley rode the team's early season PDO wave all the way to a contract extension. [Matchsticks & Gasoline]
- All of the Jets defensemen are hurt. Yes, all of the them. So they sent a 6th round pick to the Hurricanes for Jay Harrison. [Arctic Ice Hockey]
- KHL contraction is coming. [Puck Daddy]
- Oh god. The refs are getting checked out for mumps, too? [Sportsnet]
- Columbus' Nick Foligno is having a heck of a year. [ESPN]
- Down Goes Brown on wacky interim coach stories. Unfortunately, Bill "Have you seen our line-up?" Stewart didn't make the cut.
- Jim Nill somehow knew his Stars would struggle this season. Sure, Jim. [PHT]
- Ray Ferraro has some harsh words for the Oilers' scouting staff. Get in line, man. [Edmonton Journal]
- The internet is an amazing tool that lets anyone from anywhere post their most insane Taylor Hall trade scenarios. It makes sense for both teams! [Oilers Nation]
- Final Oilers note, sort of: their AHL affiliate, the Oklahoma City Barons, will cease operations at the end of the season. [OKC Barons]
- Only two outdoor games this year? It's the Flyers fault. [Broad Street Hockey]
- Goalies need their own #fancystats. [NHL.com]
- Puck Daddy's Top 10 Hockey Photos of the year. One you've seen here. One would make a great album cover.
- Be careful what you choose for your online screen name. Yes, this is hockey related. [GameCrate]