- Recaps of a relieving recovery: LHH | Newsday | NY Post | Daily News | Islanders | NHL.com | Second City Hockey
- Videos and transcripts: Capuano on Strome and the defense, Visnovsky on 'awesome' [LHH]
- Fan favorite Clark Gillies held court and talked about the good old days and wishes for the future. Newsday | Daily News | ESPN
- Casey Cizikas and Travis Hamonic remain out, but they're closer to returning than Johnny Boychuk is. [Newsday]
- Kyle Okposo could use a little puck luck to go along with a strong season. [Newsday]
- Stan Fischler tells hyper-sensitve New York/New Jersey fans to have a Coke and a smile. [Daily Freeman]
- Prior to last night's game, Cory Conacher cleared waivers and will report to Bridgeport. He has had success in the AHL before, winning the MVP award in 2012 [Soundin' Off]
- Stockton lost 6-3 to the Colorado Eagle, who have a player named Brock Nixon. WTF? [Thunder]
Oh, Right. Other Teams
- Patrick Kane's backhander over Jaroslav Halak was naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasty. Don't sweat it, Jaro. He does that to everybody. [CBS Eye on Hockey]
- The Capitals congratulated Nicklas Backstrom on his hat trick by stuffing the hats into his locker. [SB Nation]
- The Wall Street Journal covers the Devils' foray into analytics. Yes, even Big Lou is on board.
- If you thought the Penguins' play-by-play crew was amateur hour, their intermission show is apparently more of the same. This "I Can't Breath" joke shows a serious lack of judgment. [Puck Daddy]
- The Oilers need more than just a few new players. They need an entire top-to-bottom culture change. [Bleacher Report]
Elliotte Friedman sits down with possible Las Vegas team owner William Foley, who has a name picked out and everything. Geez, it's almost like the NHL wants this to happen.