- Recaps of averted angst in Anaheim: LHH | Newsday | Islanders | NHL.com | Anaheim Calling
- Jack Capuano thinks Casey Cizikas is squeezing his stick a little hard, hence his healthy scratch last night [Newsday]. And Lubomir Visnovsky is zen (and grateful) about his place in the NHL. [Newsday]
- Garik's Neutral Zone info for Game 11 versus San Jose. [Islander Analytics]
- Fan Postage: Hockey Goalie Eh looks at the WOWYs of various bottom-sixers and finds some surprising (maybe) results. | And Torgo boils down the Islanders first 10 games. Nice work, guys.
- REMINDER: If you're in Los Angeles, chill with Islanders fans before the game. [Fanpost]
- Travis Hamonic and Calvin de Haan go back a long way. [Islanders]
- Injured Michael Grabner stopped by an Islanders Booster Club meeting [Islanders]. Also, he has a custom action figure [@Grabs40 Twitter].
- The Sound Tigers beat Norfolk 3-1 in a matinee yesterday using a killer penalty kill. I wonder what that looks like. [CT Post | BST]
- One-time Islanders owner Stephen Walsh will not withdraw his guilty plea and will face his sentencing for fraud shortly. [Newsday]
- NEW! READ NOW!! The Royal Half previews tonight's game in his own amazing way.
Around the NHL
- Rick Nash scored a goal off his ass last night. His ass is now third in scoring on the Rangers and a one-hour special on the ass will premiere next Friday on MSG Network. [SB Nation]
- Marc-Andre Fleury signed a 4-year, $23-million extension with the Penguins yesterday, setting Twitter ablaze with hot takes. Pensburgh reacts to the news, while Dave Lozo at Bleacher Report says this is a major mistake.
- Columbus' Jack Johnson was suspended for three games for a hit to the head of Carolina's Jiri Tlusty. [The Cannon]
- The Blackhawks Winter Classic jerseys are appropriately classic looking. [SB Nation]
- Dallas has stumbled at home and for a team with attendance problems, that is not a good thing. [Dallas Morning News]
- At what point does the Avalanche's "slow start" become a serious problem? [CBS Sports]
- This Barry Trotz bobblehead is all wrong in the sense that, unlike its subject, it has a neck. [Russian Machine]
- Sean Avery's foray into stage acting might be over before it even began. He has left the production he was working over creative difference and pizza. [Deadspin]
Vladamir Tarasenko's crazy goal in flipbook form via artist The Flippist. I hope the Pixar feature is next.