FIG picks for tonight's home-at-home opener versus the Captials can be left here. Will it happen before the game's 65th minute?
- Tonight is Jack Capuano's 299th game behind the Islanders bench, which is about 289 more than most of us thought he'd have back in 2010. [Newsday]
- And Eric Hornick has a mini-Skinny on Cappy.
- Brett Crygalis talks to Garth Snow about the secrets behind the team's start. [NY Post]
- You know you're big time when the Wall Street Journal writes about you.
- Yeah, so 5-0 in shootouts is pretty good. [Puck Daddy]
- It's "Ya-Ro!" Not "Jar-O!" Come on, people. If you're gonna chant the man's name, at least pronounce it correctly. [Islanders]
- Nick Leddy is one of TSN's first quarter analytics All Stars.
- The Islanders are a hot ticket, which means higher prices on the secondary market. [CBS NY]
- In another episode of Last Call in Nassau, I take in a game with a polite and reasonable Penguins fan friend. Yes, they exist.
- For the up-and-down Capitals, the Islanders pose a big test. [Washington Post]
- Howie Rose stops by the Point Blank podcast and has some (more) words for Nassau County.
- Isles Talk on defying expectations.
- And Islanders Insight grades the team's first quarter. Mr. Blutarski: zero point zero.
- Brian Berard has been where Jack Johnson is - a pro athlete whose money is elsewhere. [ESPN]
- The Islanders acquired forward Alex Mallet and a 2016 third rounder from the Canucks for defenseman Andrey Pedan. [LHH]
- Bridgeport recalled Kent Simpson with David Leggio a little banged up. [Soundin' Off]
- Michael Dal Colle's Generals haven't lost in over a month. [Oshawa Express]
- More prospect notes from the Islanders official site.
Around the League
- Martin Hanzal plays for the Coyotes, scores overtime game-winner against the Coyotes. [SB Nation]
- Elliotte Friedman's 30 Thoughts and a typically thoughtful look back at both Pat Quinn and Viktor Tikhonov.
- The Prince Albert Raiders have dumped that ridiculously offensive mascot. [Leader Post]
- Look out behind you! Donald Brashear is playing again, this time with Modo in Sweden. [Edmonton Sun]
- The incomparable Roberto Luongo talks candidly about Milbury, Keenan, poker and his bare ass with Josh Cooper of Puck Daddy.
Thanksgiving Twitter Fun
Being mad takes to much energy I rather nap instead— Josh Ho-sang (@66jhosang) November 25, 2014
Grabovski on #Isles history: That's one of the reasons I came here... I don't know much, but I know they have more Cups than Washington."— Stephen (@StephenCLorenzo) September 19, 2014