Tonight the Islanders host the other Pennsylvania team before an awkward home-and-home straddles the U.S. Thanksgiving holiday. Might as well feast on the Metro.
- The Isles like the view from where they are, would like to keep that view going for 62 more games. [Newsday]
- The Flyers know they are seeing a different team tonight at the Coliseum. In part, because they employ parts of the old team. [philly | Bucks County]
- More press for the Islanders' big first 20 games. [USAT]
- How's it happening? A look at the several forwards who are efficient and/or frequent passers, and the blueliners who are even better. Quaid, activate the D! [FanPost]
- If you missed it -- or want to watch it again, because it's great -- the full ESPN E:60 on Travis Hamonic, his dad and his helping others who lost their fathers young, is now online. (Pay no attention to the ESPN-oops in the title frame of the ESPN embed.) [Isles]
- If you missed it yesterday, we'll repeat the link since you ask a lot: Nick Leddy's agent will see what the Isles want in extension talks, as well as touch on Lubomir Visnovsky and Anders Lee. Meanwhile, UFA Johnny Boychuk's family (including young twins) just moved down from Boston, so stop asking and let him enjoy this for now. [Newsday]
- Three reasons the Isles did not commence the traditional November swoon. [THW]
- The Sound Tigers have come back down to earth with four straight losses. That kind of shooting and saving fortune always regresses a bit. [CT Post | BST]
- Jay Bouwmeester's "Iron Man" streak came to an end last night, making Andrew Cagliano (who's never missed an NHL game) next in line. Cagliano is chasing original Isle Billy Harris on the all-time list.
- FIG Picks: Leave them here for tonight. Wanna pick Martin?
Beyond the Island
- Is "maverick" P.K. Subban even better than many think? And misused under Therrien? [SI]
- David Perron went off on the general way of things in Edmonton -- who fans told me were far ahead of the Isles' rebuild multiple times -- and they are reportedly shopping him. [TSN]
- The fans who get to watch the Oilers come off the ice toward the locker room after games let them have it after the latest debacle. [theScore]
- This is why Brian Elliott wears a cup, but should consider purchasing a stronger one. [SB Nation]