- Down about John Tavares' "down" season? Don't be. Because it's all about the wins. [Newsday]
- Check out the corsis on the Kid Line. [FanPost by NDRE]
- The Islanders stack up modestly against other teams, but that seems to indicate balance. [Eyes on Isles]
- Wives, girlfriends and fiances of the Islanders give back to an animal shelter and a soup kitchen. [Islanders]
- Stephen Walsh joins John Spano and Sanjay Kumar in the pantheon of Islanders owners who were sentenced to prison time. He's been given 20 years for his financial crimes and will report to the lock-up on Jan. 5. His partner and fellow Gang of Four member Paul Greenwood will be sentenced on Dec. 1. [Reuters]
- A Michael Fornabaio feature on ol' warhorse Brett Gallant. [Soundin' Off]
- And a quick Sound Tigers notes blog from Soundin' Off as well.
- Videos of the Islanders' skool tripp and taking in Wednesday's Nets-Bucks game.
- Marc Bergevin is obviously a wizard because that's the only way he was able to find a taker for Rene Bourque. [Eyes on the Prize]
- Someone named Andrej Nestrasil went from Detroit to Carolina off of waivers. [MLive]
- Gaffes from last night include this Jake Gardiner gift and this Kevin Shattenkirk gift. Cappy calls that poor puck management. [SB Nation]
- The AHL is playing 3-on-3 overtime periods and the NHL is keeping an eye on the results. [PHT]
- Will 95 points be enough to make the playoffs? If so, who's lookin' good? [CBS Sports]
- How the Hurricanes price their tickets. It's more complicated than you think. [WRALSports]
- If you're a fan of Jeff Marek on the Marek vs. Wyshynski podcast, or are a junior hockey aficionado, you might be interested in his new Sportsnet pocast that's all about the OHL. [Twitter]
- Suspended KIngs defenseman Slava Voynov has been charged with a felony for domestic battery. [SB Nation]
- Ottawa signed a scout for a day. He's 14. You should read this. [NHL.com]
- T.J. Oshie stays close with his dad during the latter's battle with Alzheimer's. [ESPN]
- NHL All Star Game voting is live. Surf here, sign in and vote away. Or just enjoy the chaos and goofy headshots.
First of all, thanks to everyone who has purchased one of our shirts this year and donated to the Center for Dementia Research. We had the highest-selling t-shirt store among SBN blogs last month and we couldn't be more proud. We are readying a new design which will be available very soon, but there's also another option we'd like to explore: Hoodies! Please take a minute to answer the poll below and let us know what you think of the idea. Based on the answers, you could see any of the current designs or the next one on a hoodie. Thanks again!