- Recaps from a rescued point: LHH | Newsday | NHL.com | Islanders | Miami Herald | LHH Battle Level
- Eric Hornick's Skinny with this nugget: "The Isles improve to 60-41 all-time in shootouts. Only Pittsburgh (62-33) has more shootout wins"
- Our best evidence yet that Jaroslav Halak might have eyes in the back of his head. [LHH]
- Last night was a reunion for Travis Hamonic and his friend and former teammate, Panthers defenseman Colby Robak. [Sun Sentinel]
- The Islanders might be New York's best team right now. [NY Daily News]
- OH MY GOD THEY TRADED HO-SANG! ("they" being the Windsor Spitfires. He's still an Islander). [LHH | Yahoo.ca]
- Audio: In a visit to the Pete McCarthy Show on WOR Radio, Howie Rose talks Islanders and YES! chants.
- Video: Nick Leddy and Ryan Strome analyze the goals they scored against Colorado. [Islanders]
- The Sound Tigers thumped Hartford 6-1 on last night. Colin McDonald scored twice. [BST | Soundin' Off]
- Michael Dal Colle and company were shut out by Team Russia in Thursday's Subway Super Series game. [BayToday.ca]
- Nathan Horton might have to end his career very early because of back injuries, much like Mike Bossy did years ago. [LHH]
- Brett Yormark talks about the Islanders move to Brooklyn and the future marketing of the team to both existing and new fans. He reiterates that the colors will not change, but a new third jersey will happen. [Barclays Center.com]
Beyond the Beach
- Dion Phanuef was a one-man Penguin wrecking crew last night, leveling Patric Hornqvist and fighting noted goon Evgeni Malkin. [SB Nation]
- I still can't believe Braden Holtby's brainfart on this goal from the Capitals 1-0 loss to the Devils last night. [SI.com]
- Martin Hanzal had a pretty good night for the Coyotes. Just a hat trick including two goals in NINE (9) SECONDS. [CBS Sports]
- This week's McDavid Power Rankings. Hello Blue Jackets.
- Ryan Malone is playing in Hartford now, just like his dad did with the Whalers decades ago. [Hartford Courant]
- Is it even worth it to put an NHL team in Las Vegas? Puck Daddy asks a hockey GM that's already there.
- It's Hall of Fame Weekend. Pat Burns was tough coach with a sense of humor. [Metro West Daily News]. And who should be in the All Fun Hall of Fame according to The Score.
- Fight! Fight! Fight! Fisticuffs in hockey is one issue. But in junior, it's is a much more complicated one. [Copper and Blue] | Krys Barch wants to see writers play hockey and himself get attention on Twitter. [NY Post] | Down Goes Brown eulogizes the enforcer position he loved in his youth. [Grantland]
- Video: Senators GM Bryan Murray has Stage Four colon cancer and required regular treatment. There is no Stage Five. This video interview with Michael Farber is a powerful conversation with a hockey lifer facing his toughest challenge and the lessons learned. [TSN.ca]
Shannon sat down with Denis Potvin between periods to talk Panthers, Islanders and the good ol' days.