- The play that might cost the Islanders Johnny Boychuk for a while went unpunished for some reason. [LHH]
- Cory Conacher's road to the NHL was a difficult one. He might not be long for the Islanders, but he is one guy you want to cheer for. [Newsday]
- VIDEO: Episode 3 of Newsday's Last Season on Long Island series focuses on the Lehman family of Syosset.
- MSG Network's #WordswithButch might eventually devolve into total anarchy. But here are a few of Eric Hornick's early favorites.
- garik's fancy maths: Neutral zone info for game 13 versus Los Angeles. And Bayes-adjusted Fenwick Close for Week 4 of the season at Hockey-Graphs.
- The Sound Tigers beat Albany in a shootout for their third straight win Sunday. [Soundin' Off gamer | and blog post with an update on Griffin Reinhart's injury ("not serious.")
- Sunday was a good day for Michael Dal Colle. Two goals and an assist in Oshawa's 6-1 blowout over Peterborough.
- This profile of Canucks' youngster Niklas Jensen includes insight from his coach, former Islander Travis Green. [Vancouver Province]
- A public service message from Dave Boychuk to anyone attending the Nov. 22 home game against Pittsburgh:
- The Rangers lost 3-1 to the Oilers last night and assistant coach Ulf Samuelsson wasn't happy. Surprising that he didn't try to break one of his own players' knees to teach them a lesson. [Edmonton Journal]
- And what the hell happened in the OT of the Red Wings-Lightning game? [SB Nation]
- The Devils can be less than forthcoming with concussion information. [NJ.com]
- All the focus last night on Ryan Kesler facing his former team ... turns out Nick Bonino scored the shootout winner (and lone conversion) against his former team while Kesler hit the post. [NHL]
- The PGHAnalytics Conference took place in Pittsburgh this weekend and here are a couple of recaps: from Ryan Wilson at Hockey Buzz | And the various slides and info from the presenters courtesy of the hosts, War-On-Ice.
- The salary cap might not increase as much as expected next season, which could mean even more time on pins and needles for some teams. [Brooksie]
- Among the millions of great pictures of Jaromir Jagr is this one of him and his mom. [Hockey-Time-Machine]