Your First . Game time is 10:30 pm EST, so try to pace yourself and maybe distribute your anger and anxiety in smaller doses throughout the day. Goal pool is here
- Tonight's game against San Jose will see some new lines based on Friday's practice. [LHH | Newsday]
- A funny Josh Bailey road story (A real one. Not from the twisted mind of Les Beaver). [Islanders]
- Commenter Rybee842's first entry in a project tracking Islanders passing stats. Thanks very much for this. Should yield some interesting data.
- In which the Johnny Boychuk trade is compared with the selling of Babe Ruth to the Yankees. Only in Boston... [Sentinel and Enterprise]
- When can we stop referring to the Islanders as a surprise team? 4-0 was a while ago. [CBS Sports]
- Forward Peter Sivak goes from Stockton to Bridgeport. [Sound Tigers | CT Post with some other notes as well]
- Canucks agitator Alex Burrows will sit for three games after a high hit on Montreal's Alexei Emelin. [Nucks Misconduct]
- Building lines based on skills and not roles. Based on the practice lines, maybe Jack Capuano is reading Jen LC at The Committed Indian now?
- Ex-ref Paul Stewart takes us inside the second most annoying penalty of all time - the too many men on the ice call. [Hockey Buzz]
- Hockey analytics blogger Josh Weissbock brings us possession and PDO numbers from the AHL.
- The Sabres are now a Halloween Horror Attraction for the whole family. [LHH Zeitgeist]
- The many Forrest Gump-ian episodes of Randy Carlyle. [The Leafs Nation]
HILARIOUS AND ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL VIDEO: The Philadelphia Flyers versus a snake in a cooler. [Flyers TV]