These links posts are getting pretty long, which means the season is fast approaching.
- Thanks to injuries and games played totals, the Islanders didn't need to waive anyone yesterday. Anders Lee and Kevin Czuczman were among a handful of players sent down. [LHH]
- The Johnny Boychuk Dossier. Summary: He Hits. [LHH]
- Boychuck likes to drop bombs from the blueline. [Fanpost by NDRE]
- The wild weekend means a media tour: Garth Snow was on 590 The Fan in Toronto | Jack Capuano and John Tavares were on The Butch Goring Show | And Arthur Staple stopped by Marek vs. Wyshynski. and SiriusXMNHL.
- Relax. Both Boychuk and Nick Leddy are happy to be Islanders. [CBS NY]
- No really. Both guys are happy to be Islanders (and to be out of trade limbo) [Puck Daddy]
- OK, seriously. They. Are. Happy. To. Be. Islanders. And ready to get to work on a good season. [NHL.com]
- [sigh] For the last time, these two new players are excited to be Islanders and expect a big year. [NY Post]
- This got some play Monday night: New$day's Neil Best reports that among other fan celebrations, the Islanders will wear a "modernized" version of the fisherman sweater once in warm-ups this year. The jerseys will then be auctioned off for charity. Don't fight it. It'll be okay. [LHH]
- This season is on Garth Snow. [Dee Karl at Hockey Buzz]
- How do you think the Islanders will do this year? Make your predictions in this FanPost by Torgo.
- New$day had an Islanders quiz that has some trap questions on it. I went 18/23.
- HAHAHAHAHAHA! Nice one, guys and girls. Only about 30 years too late. [New$day]
Out and About
- Columbus' long provincial nightmare is over: Ryan Johansen returns on a 3-year deal. [The Cannon]
- Captaincies: Willie Mitchell is A. a Florida Panther and B. now their captain. [Sun-Sentinel] | Rangers name Canadiens cast-off captain. [BSB]
- The NHL is altering the face-off circle hash marks this year, which I'm sure you will all notice. [NHL.com]
- Our first, "Angst in Alberta" heading of the season: Jesse Joensuu makes the Oilers cut, but Martin Marincin does not. [C & B] | Sending Marincin down is a huge mistake for an already weak defense. [Hockey Buzz] | No one knows what the Flames are doing with Sven Baertschi, including Sven Baertschi [Matchsticks]
- The eternal question: what makes a dynasty? And are the Kings becoming one? [LA Times]
- The Barry Trotz-Alex Ovechkin relationship will be a fascinating one to monitor. [NHL.com]
- Also fascinating is guarded "nice guy" Phil Kessel. [Sportsnet]
- Canes Country comes to a difficult decision: it is time for the Hurricanes to trade Jeff Skinner.
- Why do the Red Wings uniforms look different in the preseason? They are but they aren't. [Icethetics]
- You may have forgotten but the cancelled 2013 NHL All Star Game was supposed to take place in Columbus. That game is going to happen this year and here's a guide if you're planning to go. [The Cannon]
- Only Uncle Bob McKenzie could uncover the REAL real story about how Corsi got its name. [TSN.ca]
The Islanders and fans meet at Adventureland on Sunday. Reports indicate that casualties on the rides were only in double digits this year. Good work, everyone!