- Not to rain on anyone's Stanley Cup parade, but there is still the matter of roster cuts the Islanders need to make before Tuesday's deadline. Arthur Staple says the next 48 hours might be "crazy" for some players on the dreaded bubble. [New$day]
- One player already lost was Jack Skille, who returns to his adopted home of Columbus via waivers. [LHH]
- The Islanders had beautiful weather, a big crowd and a lot to talk about during the annual Adventureland fan event. [Islanders]
- CSN New England's Joe Haggerty interviews Johnny Boychuk as the defenseman travels with his gear to Long Island. Forget the heartbroken headline. I know Boston is a special place for athletes, but it's hardly the only market in the NHL that likes big defensemen that hit other players. I expect Boychuk to be surprised by how Islanders fans receive him and for myopic Boston media to ignore it.
- Some reactions to Sa-Trade-Day were curious and slightly dismissive. [Islanders Insight]
- Wow! That was some illusion. Criss Angel really made me believe the Islanders had acquired Boychuk and Nick Leddy in the same day. Waitwhat? [LHH Zeitgeist]
- Kyle Okposo's offseason training is much more than just doing yard work. [FanShot & story]
- You might want to tune your browsers to htwradio.com today as John Tavares and Jack Capuano both guest on The Butch Goring Show.
Around the Boards
- Jeff Skinner left the Hurricanes' game yesterday after being hit high by Washington's Matt Niskanen. This is not a good thing for Jeff Skinner or the Hurricanes. [PHT]
- Stop the presses! The Winnipeg Jets made a trade and acquired a goalie! Bad news: it was just Canadiens back-up Peter Budaj. [Arctic Ice Hockey]
- Trading Boychuk hurts the Bruins now, but help should be on the way. [by Fluto Shinzawa of the Globe, a.k.a. the Boston writer you should be following]
- Brad Trevliving is attempting to resurrect the Calgary Flames. Good luck. [Calgary Sun]
- The Kings are still the poster children for hockey's advanced stats. [ESPN]