- The Islanders have a new "Kid Line" that's anything but childish. [Newsday]
- In two games back, Anders Lee has made his presence felt. [Point Blank]
- At the bottom of this Arthur Staple blog post about Mikhail Grabovski's return is a note about Travis Hamonic's injury timetable. He most likely won't be back Tuesday but on the upcoming road trip.
- Final one from Newsday, Jon Ledecky's niece is Olympic swimming phenom Katie Ledecky, who now must struggle over whether to continue rooting for the Capitals or switch to Uncle Jon's Islanders.
- Dallas color man and philosopher Darryl Reaugh files a late night video blog after the Stars' loss on Long Island. We need to get Butch Goring to do these. [Stars]
- Canadian curmudgeon Dave Hodge gives the Islanders a thumbs up. [TSN.ca]
- The Sound Tigers beat St. John's 5-3 on Sunday to take three of a possible four points over the weekend. [CT Post]
- Joshua Ho-Sang is still getting shit on. [Islanders Insight]
- If you aren't reading Eric Hornick's NYISkinny.com everyday this season, you're missing out. He's doing an "It happened at the Coliseum" series and with 43 years of history, there's always something. A few significant events took place on October 26ths over the years, some good and some bad for the Islanders.
Around the League
- There was a scary scene in Los Angeles on Sunday when Columbus' Nick Foligno was run along the boards and driven head-first into a linesman. He was stretchered off, but was moving and conscious. [SB Nation]
- Minor league player has his leg accidentally slashed by an opponent's skate. Warning: lots of blood in this video. [Deadspin]
- Are the locker rooms of the Kings and Ducks cauldrons for diseases that are crippling other NHL teams? Deadspin opens the investigation.
- How about some (relatively) good news? The Devils are destroying Adam Larsson and he needs to be saved before he's fully disintegrated. [Silver Seven]
- How Paul Bissonnette ended up playing hockey in England again. [Calgary Sun]
- The story of the San Jose Sharks name, logo and unique color scheme. [Sportslogos.net]
- An expansion team for Seattle might be as expensive as the coffee at Starbucks. [Seattle Times]
- Irritating ear worm "All About That Bass" gets parodied as a tanking anthem for the Sabres called "All About Last Place." I've just ruined your day. [Puck Daddy]